Ten

Shkya just finished my hair as I flew over to Leaf and held her, "Shhh shh. What's wrong? Leaf talk to me." She started to sob and breath deeply. After a few minutes she was finally able to speak, "Misty, it's the forest, the dark fairies. They are attacking." And she started to cry softly. I looked up at Derek angrily and was about to yell at him for distracting us, but his face told me he was angry with the dark fairies as much as I was. Before I could say let's head out a battle cry came from the distance behind us. In the dead tree line of the human's land were zombies.

"Shit they must have heard Leaf scream." Dragco said pulling out his swords, getting ready for a fight. I stood and pulled out my sword also getting read for the fight.

"Hey want to do your death glare thing and knock them all down at once?" Coal said flying up in the air, bow ready.

"Now where's the fun in that?" I joked and Leaf flew up in the air too. Derek pulled out the AK and said, "You humans ready?" Steve nodded and Maria said, with a sick glint in her eyes, "Off with their heads." And they both charged the zombies with their own battle cries.

"Humans...." Shkya mumble aiming her bow up with three arrows pulled back, when she released them, three zombies fell seconds later. And she did it again.

I flew up with Derek who started shooting at the zombies in the air. Dive bombing the zombies I pulled up just at neck height and held out my sword cutting off their heads.

There had to be about three thousand green decaying zombies. We were cutting them down slowly.

"Misty! They have plant life growing in them!" Leaf said and I noticed the plant life trying to find life on the zombies. I flew back up in the air next to Derek.

"Want to see something cool?" I teased and he look at me out of the corner of his eye still aimkng at the mob of zombies. I sheathed my sword and he looked away from the zombies at me confused, his jaw almost dropped. I closed my eyes and focused on all the remaining zombies, well the plants that were trying to live off them anyway. I tried helping the plants grow, but instead one by one the zombies turned into dust. Just like when I try helping plants grow.

"Now look at who's the show off!" Shkya yelled up at me. Derek smiled at me and nodded inpressed. And then Maria screamed, "Off with my head! Off with my head! Steve follow the white rabbit!" She had a terrified look on her face and she clutched the inside of her forearm, blood seeped between her fingers.

"What's wrong with her?" Coal asked.

"Maria are you ok?" Leaf asked, but Maria just kept saying "Off with my head." Over and over. I stepped closer to her.

"Maria, let me see your arm." I said and she shook her head. I reached out for her arm and she hissed at me. I looked back at Shkya for help. Shkya came and grabed Maria by the shoulders and I pried her hand away from her arm.

She was hidding a bad zombie bite. The very center was black, it was constantly bleeding, and green lined the edge of the bite. "Off with my head. Off with my head. Off with my head!" Maria started crying. I looked over at Derek, who aimed his gun at her head.

"No!" Steve yelled and aimed his own gun, "I'll do it." He said and pulled the trigger showing no emotion. "Follow the white rabbit." He said then took his gun and put it in his mouth. It happened so quickly and unsuspectingly we didn't have time to stop him, he blew his own brains out.

We staired at the two humans that now lay dead on the ground, brains oozing oit of their heads. "Well fuck." Coal mumbled.

"We should probably bury them right?" Dragco asked.

I nodded and Derek said, "Yes, then we are going into the forest to help the fairies."

Leaf had roots dig a six feet long, seven feet deep, and five feet wide grave for the two humans. We gently lowered their bodies, then covered them up, all while Shkya sang an elvish song of sorrow and finding peace.