Hot

"It's...hot." Mabel groaned, lying on the wooden floor.

"No one's coming." Bill remarked, looking up from the register. "Wanna close up shop?"

"Sure. Bill, can you cast an ice spell or something?" Stan asked.

"Ice isn't really my forte, why don't you ask Gideon?" Bill suggested.

"That would require getting up and going over." Stan groaned.

The door opened and Gideon stepped inside. "Ah, I see you also don't have anyone. In case case, what do you say to closing up our businesses for the day and heading for the pool?" He suggested.

"The pool?" Mabel sat up. "Ohh, I can use that new bathing suit I got while out with Pacifica yesterday!" She got up and bolted upstairs.

"Wait for meeee!" Dipper ran up after her.

"Well, I guess that settles it. Let me get my trunks and the sunscreen." Stan headed for the back.

Bill walked them go. "...Just a few moments ago they wouldn't even move."

"I think the word 'pool' has magic attached to it, even on the hottest of days." Gideon theorized. "Are you swimming?"

"Uh, no. I'm not taking my shirt off, people gawk at me enough as it is." Bill shook his head.

"Someone's full of himself." Gideon smirked.

"No, no. I have a brick pattern on my chest, it catches the eye." Bill explained.

"People have seen weird tattoos before. You have to come, Dipper's coming." Gideon urged him.

"What will I wear?" Bill asked.

"We can buy you something on the way." Gideon waved it off. "We can go in my trailer, it's got air conditioning and lawn chairs in storage."

"Man, you are not taking no for an answer." Bill sighed. "Alright, fine. But if people gawk at me I'm gonna tell you 'I told you so'."

"All the weird things in this town and you think people are going to care that you have a pattern on your body? There's a guy here that's covered head to toe in tattoos. Trust me, they won't care." Gideon headed over to his trailer.

"Ready to go!" Mabel joined Bill at the door. "Where's Gideon?"

"He went to the trailer." Bill shrugged. "Apparently someone besides you is going to see me shirtless, Shooting Star."

"Who?" Mabel asked.

"The whole damn town." Bill made a face. "He's insisting I join you guys in the water."

"The last time Bill went swimming, he was fully-clothed." Stan said, walking up to them. "It's a good experience to swim in proper swimming clothes!"

"Whose side are you on?!" Bill frowned.

"Obviously my future great-nephew-in-law!" Stan laughed. "Family first, Bill!"

"You jerk." Bill said with an amused smile.

"I wanna swim with you, Bill." Dipper said, holding the bag with his swimming trunks and floaties close.

"Great, I am completely outvoted!" Bill threw his hands in the air.

"Hey, I didn't say anything yet!" Mabel insisted. "I'm staying neutral on this. Although, it might be fun to pick out your swimming trunks."

"See, you did pick a side." Bill crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, let's go meet up with Gideon." Stan headed for the door, then paused. "By the way, what was that about Mabel seeing you shirtless?"

"He was just changing shirts for Summerween!" Mabel assured him. "I didn't see anything but his chest!"