Planning an Exploration!

“Invisible Ink...”

Secrets, stories, things that he'd had hidden from him. Bill sat at his desk looking over the pages of the 3rd Journal with a blacklight bulb in the desk-lamp. “Man...I really messed you up, didn't I?” He ran a hand through his hair and looked over at Dipper sleeping in his bed. “I guess I really deserved to be sealed away for 30 years...” He turned page after page until he found the one talking about possible hiding spots for the Journals. “Hold on.” He examined the writing at the base of the tree. “'Prepare for the end'...of course, an underground bunker. I think I remember them talking about one before.”

“Mm...Bill, turn off the light.” Dipper shifted in his sleep.

Bill sighed and turned off the light, going to lie down on the bed next to him. “You know, kid, you have your own bed.”

“Yours is Bill-er.” Dipper giggled sleepily.

“Sure, sure.” Bill sighed and opened his arms to let Dipper climb into them. “I bet your sister misses you, though.”

“She knows where to find me.” Dipper yawned and snuggled up close.

“Hey, wanna go check out a bunker tomorrow?” Bill asked.

“Mm...sure.” Dipper nodded.

“Awesome.” Bill smiled and closed his eyes.

“We should get you a hat-rack, too. I wanna see if your hat floats over it.” Dipper yawned.

“Mmhm, sure.” Bill chuckled softly. “We'll do that.”

“You're going to explore an old bunker?” Mabel asked.

“Yep, I found it on one of the pages, written in invisible ink.” Bill tapped the Journal. “Was wondering if you guys all wanted to come.”

“Uhm...” Mabel looked at Stan. “We have...plans already. But Wendy's not doing anything!”

“We're going on a double-date with Stan and Susan.” Gideon explained.

“But, you'll miss the fun!” Dipper pouted.

“Sorry, Dipper. We already bought tickets and reserved a table.” Mabel kissed his cheek. “Next time, okay? Promise.”

Bill shrugged and pulled out his phone, dialing Wendy's number. When he picked up he said “Hey, Red. Wanna go explore an old bunker today?”

“Sure, okay. Wait, this isn't a date, is it?” Wendy asked.

“Red, you are as attractive to me as a light-post. I promise, it's not a date. Plus, Pine Tree will be there.” Bill assured her.

“Alright, I'll head over.” Wendy agreed.

“Great.” Bill smiled. “See you soon.”

“Don't leave without me!” Wendy said teasingly, hanging up.

“She's been needing a good distraction trip.” Bill said, putting his phone back in his pocket.

“Alright, you guys have fun, let me know how it goes.” Mabel smiled.

“Okay! Bring me back a treat!” Dipper hugged her.

“Mabel, we gotta go.” Stan tapped his watch.

“Alright.” Mabel kissed Dipper's cheek one more time and then took Gideon's hand. “Let's go.”

“Try not to get into too much trouble while we're gone.” Gideon said as they walked out.

“And have fun!” Susan said cheerfully.

“Get outta here already, ya lovebirds!” Bill grinned.

“We're gone!” Mabel said as they walked out the door and shut the door.