Chapter 5

Threw a mouthful of food she handed me a piece and said "Eat it". There was no mould, but the most bizarre thing of all-it was hot. It looked like it was straight out of the tuckshop like every other normal day. Eyes wide I chucked it in my mouth, the farmilar sensation coming back as I chewed and swallowed the last of it. Feeling hungry still, I reached a hand out to over where she was holding the food only for her to slap it away, seeing my look she reached into her pocket and handed me another half of garlic-bread, humour in her captivating eyes. "What so now we just carry around garlic-breads in our pockets do we? The amount of times I get hungry I better 'ought to start doing that" I stated. Not able to contain their laughter at all anymore they burst out laughing,even I found it a bit funny- Flic and Aquilla had found nothing on the oval.

"Guys it's getting late, eventhough I can drive us to Gracemere I don't think i should risk it, especially now!" I shouted so they could hear me over their phones. "She's right, the sports centre's door is open and also it has showers" Sky suggested, raising her head from her phone. Nodding in agreement we all started collecting supplies. Mats for something soft to lay on, Sky and I went up to Wandal to gather food while Flic and Aquilla went to the nearest shopping center for blankets, towels and pillows, luckily Target has it all. The lights didn't work but luckily Flic and Aquilla had brought back head lamps and torches from the shops as well. After a very warm shower we all huddled outside around one of the firepits the grade twelve man arts students had made and I had grabbed it from the manual arts building earlier. Sun fully set, the night grew colder and colder.