Chapter 10

Unzipping it I was shocked to find a brand new goalkeeper equipment bag. "No way! It even has the straps for it to become a back pack one as well! Dual-purpose!" I shouted, loving my desperately needed new equipment bag. Tearing into the next one I found new leg pads for my legs, they were blue mixed with yellow and they were like swirls mixing together on the back- the left was blue and the right was yellow at the front. The third present contained a signed goalie smock signed and worn by Rachel Lynch- fromer Womens Australian Hockey team goalkeeper and Australian Olympic goalkeeper. After opening like ten present's I had a new goalie equipment bag, new legpads, a signed goalie smock, Timmy trumpet tickets for his concert, tickets to this year Oceania hockey comp, and more tickets to stay overnight on Great Keppel Island. "This is literally what I wanted! I've wanted all of this, this year.....uhhh- aw thank you guys for being here!" I shouted, threw hugs they all whispered comforting things and with that we dug into my rainbow birthday cake.

"Mhmm- Makayla you know your mum makes the best things with her baking, her birthday cakes are the best!" Felicity shouted through a mouthful of cake, not trying to spill any. Aquilla swallowed her mouthful and said "Me to- I agree" then she shoved a spoonful of cake back in her mouth. Sky's mouth was always full of cake and she mumbled something suspiciously like "Mhmm- me three, this is too good!" and she just kept chewing. I laughed- my laugh sounding genuine, happy for the first time in along time. why were my cheeks hot? " I just guess that's just the power of my mums baking!" I said through a mouthful of cake. We grabbed our jumpers and ran to the car, also grabbing anything we could use as sleds or cover.