Chapter 6

Finally not being able to bear the cold anymore we put out the fire and snuggled up in the blankets Flic and Aquilla had found. Sunlight. A yellow and orange haze was seeping in threw the crack of the door of the storage room and it's windows. "Wake up sleepy heads!" I shouted groaning, getting a beam of sunlight straight to the face. Shielding my eyes with a hand I'd missed Flic jerk awake and grab a pillow as I sat up. With a heavy grunt and a huge thrust of her hand she threw the pillow hitting me dead square in the face before I could bring up my hand to shield my face again. Aquilla laughed at the fact Flic had nailed me with a pillow before throwing off her blankets and stretching. Sky on the other hand, rolled over and yanked me back down.

Opening the doors sunlight spewed in form the outside glass doors and into the dark storage room. Raiding last night's food haul I looked for something I could cook for breakfast. "I'll go and get some firewood for the fire and start it- if your still looking for breakfast" Sky said as she tied up her hair into a ponytail. She was wearing the same thing as yesterday but had one of her blankets wrapped around her as she made her way to the door, still staring I watched as she tossed it aside and the blanket hit the ground, she opened the door only for her to stand there frozen. Not carrying that I was staring anymore I asked "What?" All she did was motion quickly for me to come. Setting peices of bread back down on the table I walked over, the sky was patchy with white clouds and blue sky but the most intriguing thing was that what was falling from it, these white blots that created a misty-like rain slowly falling down to earth. The green grassy ovals had been replaced by a barren flat land of white all over the ovals.