Chapter 19

The moon shone brightly over above, being a full moon the light it cast was twice as bright and it made this moment even more spectacular. We finally made our way to the tents and walked up in between the middle of them, only to sit infront of our cabin in the sand. The moon light lit her electric blue eyes up so they looked liked like they were glowing a bit as she stared at me with red cheeks. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as I sat down beside her, brushing the sand off my hands. She moved closer and looked me directly in the eyes- my cheeks went red and hot as she tucked a strand of her sandy brown hair behind her ear. She definitely noticed that because before she opened her mouth she grinned.

" I wanted to talk to you without certain people knowing what happens. I... I.."-  she sighed and moved away, only to come back with new determination- "I wanted to talk to you about how I've been staring and blushing at you, sorry if it weirded you out. I just...ugh..I just wish it would come out in words...it sounded so much better in my head!" she cleared her throat and looked me up and down finally resting on my plae blue eyes again. "Have I ever told you that your eyes are so beautifully rare? Have I ever told you they make your extremely extraordinary curly blonde hair stand out even more? Have I told you that I don't care what shit the  others think, what the fuck the others say- your perfect" she was closer than ever now, I was for sure blushing now- I swollwed a very hard breath and a nervous look flashed across her face.

She leaned in even closer barely millimetres separated us and for some odd reason I was completely unbothered by it at all, I actually liked it- my heart did its best to make its presence known, thumping away in my chest. "Go on" I said gently, my voice barely a whisper. "Makayla from the day I walked into our English classroom and sat down on the other side of Stella I couldn't help but not take my eyes of you. After a few confusing weeks I confirmed what I had thought in music class when you gave me the drum sticks after you flipped them in your hands and my hand briefly touched yours- I went bright red, my body filled with warmth" she paused for a bit.

And I took the opportunity to say "That was like- no actually it was four months ago now when I did that! I noticed you blush but I never thought anything of it because people just think that trick is cool" I stated, checking and confirming my memory. "Makayla from that day I knew I felt something about you but until the Gladstone, Mackay and Rockhampton zone comp when you didn't care at all and you helped me the best you could with you willingly giving up your spot for the rep team goalkeeper so I could compete I knew for sure" she looked at me this time with the most admiring look.

She grabbed my shirt were it buttoned up just below my neck and above my chest on my collarbone, i instantly  went rigid and turned the coulor of a ripe red apple. Her voice strong this time, in a confident tone. "Makayla I have a major major crush on you!" And with that she closed the distance. Our lips touched, the unfamiliar sensation didn't bother me as we held our kiss. "I guess I can finally admit I like you to!" I whispered after our lips separated- all she did was grin whickedly and yank me in for another kiss. I picked her up with her legs over one hand and her other half suported by my hand on her back as I carried her to the other closest cabin's bedroom.