Chapter 11

After numerous snowball fights, sledding and failed attempts at creating an ice rink- don't ask how, we just kept ending up with bruises from slipping on the ice that we could create . It was safe to say that this was the best Birthday ever- technically its not even my birthday. The guys had checked out their houses as well but it only turned out like Aquila's. We decided to crash at my house for a few days. Sadly two days after it had appeared the snow melted and it never snowed again, we could all agree it was the most fun we've had. A week into staying at my house everything started becoming boring, we'd been surviving off of the frozen meat and food that was still good in the freezer, luckily I had found the generator and managed to power some things, it was fun watching the new shows and movies that had come out over the two months we'd been waiting for- those two months that had somehow gone past within a blink of an eye. We had done many trips around the town for supplies and other important things, we'd checked everything. Still we found no-one.

Things were starting to heat up, going back to the normal temperature from that cold snap, getting closer to Spring. The beach would be awesome and luckily I just knew where my auntie's house was at the beach closely near us. I slapped a palm of my hand to my forehead, how could I be so dumb, it was way better at the beach. Cooler, being a block behind the houses on the beachfront, many things could keep us entertained and of course clean water, her house used water that came from the ocean and after it was filtered, not from the big water filter place here or in town, they'd all gone disgusting from not being constantly cleaned, the clean water had just been backed up in the pipes. " Hey guys! Who's up for the beach"-they immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at me with their full attention-" I know where the keys are to my aunts house down the beach, Keppel Sands is about only an half an hour drive away and no-ones stopping us from going" I shouted from the table after finishing my lunch. As fast as they had stopped what they were doing they got up and started packing. Clothes, food, entertainment, and who knows what else.

I was practically pulled from my chair and started packing. I locked up the house just in case and added the keys to a keychain on a lanyard around my neck. The drive was around half an hour but they kept themselves entertained, while I just stared at the winding road of bitumen. Hopping out of the drivers side door I walked over to the back door and found the keys in the their hidden spot as usual- she always hid them there if she was out or .....if something was wrong. They all appeared beside me once they'd grabbed their stuff, I unlocked the doors and they all ran inside, all except Sky. "You can go..go in, I uh.. I.. -why was I stuttering, clearing my throat I tried again- "I'll have to get my stuff then sort out the bedrooms considering there's only three!" I shouted to get everyone's attention, inside they'd already practically set up everything. I went back to the car as Sky went inside but she came back out to help me with my stuff, I smiled my thanks at her and we made our way inside.