Chapter 7

Chapter 7

  I was doing my school work when Stephen enters the room. He closes the door behind him and walks towards my bed in order to sit. He keeps his head low; his eyes glued to the floor. I look at him, confused, when I hear the sound of glass shattering.

          "Stephen? What's going on?" I ask frowning.

          "Just... continue your work," he says without looking at me.

          I gulp and turn back to my work because I know I shouldn't ask much questions when Stephen answers like that. I jump a little in my seat when I hear another sound; another glass shattered. Why do I feel like someone is throwing all the plates from the kitchen? And if they were, then why so? Mostly importantly, who was doing it?

          Nervously, I turn towards Stephen again. He was still just like before but I could see the sweat forming on his face. I look at the window to find it open, so I don't understand why was he sweating.

          "Shut up you crazy bitch!" I hear someone yell out and get up from my chair. I realize that voice and become panicky. This hasn't happened before. Mom is in trouble, I need to go help her.

          I quickly run towards the door but Stephen catches me in time.

          "Let go of me!" I scream out, struggling in his grip.

          "You can't go in there," Stephen says coldly. "This happens everyday after you go to sleep."

          I stop struggling and he loosens his grip on me. I stare at him intensely as he does the same.

          "What do you mean?" I ask frowning.

          I wake up abruptly as my lungs cry out for air. I breathe heavily and sit up on the bed, bringing my knees to my chest and hugging my legs.

          "It's just a dream. It's just a dream," I say to myself repeatedly but deep down, I know it wasn't. Something in me said that it wasn't a dream but a memory. A memory that was lost so long ago.

          I get off the bed and tie up my hair in a bun. I sigh heavily before reaching for the jug, only to find it empty.  Annoyed, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen. I switch on the light of the kitchen and grab a water bottle from the fridge. Drinking, I think about my dream. What was that about? Everything was so blurry and unclear. I don't even remember when did this happen.

          "Ouch," I say out as a part of my head starts hurting. Sighing, I make my way back to the bedroom keeping the bottle of water on the kitchen counter.

          I was half way up the stairs when something in the living room caught my attention. I widen my eyes and slowly look towards the living room only to see a figure standing in the middle of the room. I gulp and try to stay as quiet as possible because I don't want to deal with him if he's an intruder but then the figure looks like it's a child. What if....

          "K-Keith?" I call out nervously.  No movement.

          I frown and decide to approach him. I take small steps but halt when I hear him starting to talk.

          "Please, please don't kill us. You need to leave, please, leave us alone, please," he says pleadingly.

          One thing is confirmed that it is Keith but whom is he talking to? I take a deep breath and start walking towards him again but suddenly, I feel a sharp pain on my forehead. What the hell!

          My body falls on the floor and the view starts to blur out. I take my hands to my forehead and feel something wet. I panic somewhat as the pain starts to increase. I take a last look towards the living room and what I see leaves me speechless.

****

          "Don't worry, she'll be fine in no time," I hear a man say.

          "I hope so doctor," says someone that sounds like Olivia.

          I slowly try to open my eyes but the white light feels like a stab in my eyes. "Oh god," I murmur and try to sit up on the bed. My head hurts awfully and that's when I remembered what happened.

          "There, there, take it easy," Olivia says and helps me sit up.

          "I thought you'd be out for at least three to four days," the doctor says teasingly.

          "What happened?" I ask blankly. Olivia looks at the doctor and they exchange awkward glances. What is that all about?

          "Maybe now it not the best time, we'll talk about it eventually," she says giving a small smile.

          "Why? Why not now? I have the right to know what happened. The last thing I remember is seeing..."

           I am cut off when the door swings open and Sara comes running in; followed by Alex and John.

          "Mommy! You're finally awake," Sara says and tries to hug me. I smile at her and pick her up, making her sit on my lap as she hugs me.

          "I missed you so much," she says sadly.

          "It's okay sweetie, mommy's alright," I say kissing her forehead.

          "How are you feeling Rachelle?" Alex asks giving me a small smile.        

          "I don't know... Where's Keith?" I ask frowning.

          Alex looks at Olivia and they all have got a worried look in their face. The doctor sighs and says, "Mrs. Graves, you need to rest now, please, you'll get to know everything, I promise."

          "I cannot rest with all of you acting so... so weird!" I yell out. Sara shrieks and gets down from my lap and goes to Olivia.

          "Rachelle, it's bad for you to panic or worry at this moment," Olivia says calmly.

          "Yeah well, who is making me panic? You guys! What's the problem if you all tell me what the hell happened? Where the hell is my son?!" I ask angrily.

          Before I can make up what was happening, a few nurse get in the room and forcefully make me lie on the bed. The hold both of my arms in order for me to stop moving but I continue to struggle until I feel a sharp sting on my arm. My breathing increases and I start to feel drowsy. Everything goes dark in a matter of seconds. 

______________________________________________________________

A/N: Helloooooooooooooooo readers! Exams are finally over and I'm back to writing! ^-^ Here's the new chapter and I know it's not very big but I just wanted to upload a little to inform you guys that I'll be updating every now and then! Hope you liked this chapter!! Please vote and leave a comment~ ^-^ Love you guys xoxo