Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"I'm sorry baby girl, I've to do this," mom says weeping.

"What mom? What do you have to do?" I ask frowning. She doesn't reply and kisses my forehead.

My eyes snap open and I can feel the sweat drip down my face. It was dark in here; the only source of light was coming from that window on the left side of me. I was still in the hospital and god knows how many days have passed. It feels like an eternity to me though. I was feeling claustrophobic being in this room. I look around only to find the room empty; it was just me and these god damn needles connected to me.

I sigh out of frustration and press the nurse call button. I wait for someone to come, and meanwhile think about these weird dreams I'm getting lately; dreams that feels like long lost memories. I can't remember exactly what happened and what type of memories are these but then, it's bothering me a lot.

The door opens and an old looking nurse with a notepad in her hand walks in. She switches on the lights making me crease. She had grey had and looked like she hadn't slept in a while now. She walks slowly towards me, giving me a small smile.

"Hello there young lady," she says checking the monitor to switch the tubes were connected.

"Where... where is everyone?" I ask softly.

"You mean your friend and her family and ..... your daughter? It's 1 in the morning honey, they went home. Don't worry, they'll be back when the sun rises," she answers me kindly.

"Has my husband called?"

"I don't know about that honey, but I did not see anyone new come along with your friend," she says pursing her lips.

I let go of a sigh. "What about my son?"

"You...you've a son?" she asks confusingly.

"Yes, I do. How come you... wait... he hasn't been here in the hospital along with everyone else?" I ask widening my eyes.

"I know the little boy named John who calls your friend 'mom'. I wouldn't assume that kid to be your son, and other than that, I haven't seen any other boy," she says making the hair on my back rise up.

"What the hell does that means?!" I yell and sit up.

"Please, ma'am, you shouldn't get aggressive," she has trying to cool me down.

"To hell with that! Nobody is telling me where Keith is and you want me to stay calm and actually care about my health? Fuck you all!" I scream out angrily.

"Mrs. Graves, please. Just stay calm, I'll see what I can do, I promise," she says looking straight into my eyes.

"Call Olivia," I say softly.

"Excuse me?"

"Call Olivia!" I screech, repeating myself.

"Alright, alright, but I need to make sure first that you're calm and nothing happens to you. Getting hurt in the head is bad," she says soothingly.

"Look, you're an old lady and I don't wanna hurt you, so please, make is fast before I get up from this bed and get out of here myself," I say crossly.

"Okay ma'am, I'll be right back," she says and leaves the room.

****