Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Splish splash. Splish splash.

             I watch as the rain hits the ground, creating puddles in places. It was an usual day to rain but isn't something or the other unusual happening every day? I was leaning on the cold window, allowing the coolness to engulf me. My eyes were burning due to the lack of sleep as lately and that creeper was only to blame if I was becoming a victim of insomnia.

             "Mommy!" cried Sara as she ran to me. "Mommy, look what I found!" she said handing me a small, shiny bracelet. I smiled at her as she waited for me to say something but I was caught off guard at the beauty of the bracelet. It was made of small, emerald stones with silver and golden linings and then, at once, it came to me.

             "Sweetheart, where did you find this?" I ask kneeling down to reach her level.

             "It was there, in front of the main door," she says innocently.

             "Alright, mommy's going to see how it came here," I say and force a smile. "Go play," I say then go and grab my phone.

             "H-hello?" Olivia says panting.

             "Oli! Hey! Wait... uh... did I call in a wrong time?" I ask biting my lips at thought of interrupting something private. It was a habit that I've inhabited since I was little; always bit my lips when I felt embarrassed.

             "Nothing like that! Alex isn't even home. I was cleaning," she states exclaiming.

             "Alright, alright. Listen, I think you dropped your bracelet; our friendship bracelet."

             "What? No, I'm wearing mine right now. What are you talking about?" she says making me frown.

             "Sara gave me a bracelet saying she found it near the main door. It's exactly like the one we have and as far as I know, Angela told us that she ordered only three specially designed identical bracelets only for the three of us," I say without taking a breath.

             "Are you having yours?" Olivia asks sounding tensed.

             "I haven't been wearing mine, so there is no question of it being fallen on the floor," I say.

             "Well, maybe Sara had took it out by mistake and dropped it then forgot about it," Olivia says casually.

             "I don't think so. Olivia, I'm really worried. If you have yours and I have mine, then the only other person who can lose the bracelet is Angela," I say fearfully.

             "But, Angela hasn't been in the area right? If she would have come in there, obviously she'd contact at least either one of us," says Olivia.

             "I don't know," I say examining the bracelet. "I'm just scared... You don't think something happened to Angela do you?"

             I hear Olivia exhale. "Rachelle, I'll call you back alright?"

             "Will be waiting," I say and she hangs up.

             Still looking at the bracelet, I start walking upstairs. It was still raining outside but not as much as it was a while ago. The coolness was spread throughout the house, and I kept getting the chills crawling up my arms. I didn't know whether it was because of the cold or because of the weird thoughts that were forming in my mine.