Prologue

Picture of Rachelle. 

 Prologue

         I take a deep breath looking in the mirror, before leaving the house. I've been longing for this day to come for quite a while now and when it's finally here, I've become nervous but excited at the same time. My white gown is strapless and has a very long train so it swept the floor , with my blonde hair combed and tied up elegantly in a bun. The veil which is held to my hair with a help of a small tiara was also long; it reached the end of my gown. I've had put on light make-up which made my face look flawless. There is a small bouquet of gorgeous white and red roses which I'm holding in my hand.

I pick up my cell phone from the dressing table and start typing a text. As soon as I press the send button, someone knocks on my door.

          "Rachelle?" my mom's voice calls.

          I turn around to see her enter the room, with one hand over her mouth, as she slowly tears up. I stand up gently from my seat and walk towards her.

          "You look so beautiful!" she says taking my hand into hers.

          "Thanks mom." I say smiling.

          "I've got something for you," she says as she opens the small, blue box she had on her other hand.

          She takes out a gorgeous necklace, completely made out of pearl. It was so white and lovely that I couldn't take my eyes of it.

          "My mother gave it to me on my wedding day," mom says as she slowly turns me around and put it around my neck.

          "This is so stunning mom," I say chirpily.

          "You're stunning yourself," mom says and pulls me into a tight embrace.

          "I'm going to miss you so much baby girl," she says weeping somewhat.

          "I'm going to miss you too," I say holding back my tears.

          "Are you ladies ready to head out already?" my elder brother says making his way in.

          We both pull away from each other and my brother stares at me in shock.

          "Wow, my princess looks absolutely gorgeous. Damn, William is a lucky man," he says playfully.

          Stephen, my brother, was very a friendly man. He always liked to crack jokes and be cheerful. He always took care of mom and me, ever since dad left. I couldn't have asked for a better brother.

          He walks towards me and I hug him. He chuckles slightly and hugs me back.

          "I love you, Stephen."

          "I love you too, sweetheart." Stephen says and kisses my forehead.

****

          The church wasn't decorated much, except for some flower bouquets hung here and there. I peep and take a look down the aisle, where I will be walking in just a few moments. The place is filled with William's and my relatives and friends. All of a sudden, I start feeling really nervous. I've been going out with William for two years now, and it's been two months since I got engaged to him. I know William is prepared to take our relationship to the next level, but will I be able to handle all of this? Will I be able to cope up with my new surroundings?