Sorting Out

Vegas POV:

I dragged Pete to our room. He was fuming in anger but was silent the whole time. I closed the door and turned towards him. He was really angry; I need to think and speak. Pete sat on the side of the bed, with his arm crossed near his chest.

I coughed a little and started my statement to defend my behavior.

"Pete, you know that she still likes you". I started the conversation.

"She is my best friend and also likes my sister, I do know that if I stayed here; on the island, we could've got married to each other. But that's not how it is now. I am with you now and I hope it stays like that".

"I know all of it Pete, but you don't know about her feeling, right? I mean I can understand more about her feelings because I am also in love with you. So, it's easy for me to understand when somebody feels the same for you".

Pete sighed and walked towards me. I thought he would slap me so; I looked down and played with my fingers. But, the next thing he did, really astonished me and gave me butterflies in my stomach.

He put both his hands on my both cheeks and pulled me closer. He stood on his toes and softly kissed me on my forehead. We stood there while holding each other and sealed our foreheads together.

"I trust you Vegas, probably you're right she might like me still now. I will talk to her. But please treat her nicely". Pete asked me softly.

"I love you Pete and I do want to keep a good relationship with your closed ones. But the way she looks at you, makes me angry". I told him with sincerity.

But I still needed to scold him for the stupid prank, that he played when we went to visit the nearby places. I took a few steps back and gave him a stern look, and in return, he gave me a questioning look.

"Why did you scare me?"

"When?"

"When we went out, and you hide somewhere, while I was searching for you".

"Aww...why are you angry about this silly stuff, Huh?". He said it with a soft chuckle.

"Because...leave it". I didn't want to say it out loud, because we won't understand my fear. I know I sound childish, but the fear of losing Pete stays with me.

"What happened Vegas? tell me. I am sorry, okay? I won't do it again, but at least tell me, why it bothered you so much".

I gulped before disclosing my far to him.

"Don't laugh after hearing it".

"I won't. I promise."

"I still have nightmares of you leaving me. We both know you won't do it. But after my mother left me and Macau, I have that fear of losing my loved ones. It doubled when you left me in the safe house. I know the situation was different but still can't stop myself from having these thoughts".

Pete came closer and hugged me. "I know this feeling won't go away so easily, but whenever you feel like this share it with me, and I will try my best to assure you of my presence. And let me repeat it again, 'I WON'T LEAVE YOU'. I love you with all my heart".

"Thanks for loving me, and accepting my love for you."

He then kissed me on my forehead with a beaming smile on his face.

Then we decided to go downstairs and have our food with the family.

.

.

Pete sat beside me and the little monster sat on his lap because he was sleepy and became clingier. We had dinner while listening to Pete's childhood story or how grandpa spent his day. Everything was going well until I noticed my little brother stealing glances from Nop. I nudged Pete to look at the scene in front of me. He gave me a smirk, then faked a cough to get those two idiots' attention who were busy in their own world. Macau cleared his throat and gave Pete an uncertain look. While Nop was suddenly interested in Grandma's cooking stories and ignored my stare. But Pete definitely knows something that I don't know.

"What did I miss?". So, I asked him.

He raised his eyebrows and gave me a smirk; "A lot, Mr. Theerapnyakul! Wait I will give you some midnight gossip".

I nodded in response.

.

.

After dinner, we went to our rooms. I went to the washroom first because Pete was busy putting the baby to sleep. I brushed and got changed for my night pajamas. Later, Pete went and got fresh. I was so eager for the news, that I felt like that, crazy cousin of mine.

Pete laughed at my condition. "You are really curious, huh?".

I nodded. He came and sat beside me.

"Macau is your little brother and I thought you already noticed it". Pete started and I gave him a questioning look.

"So, let me tell you, Macau really like Nop, and I think it's mutual. Because the scary head bodyguard of the minor family turns into a scared little puppy in front of your brother. At first, I thought it was his nature but I noticed it for a long time, he pampers Macau just like you do to me. Only the fact is that they don't do it in front of us and honestly, they are pretty well right? Because you failed to notice it, while you can clearly who else loves me". He taunted me at the end with a sassy look on his face.

"How could Nop do this to me?". I asked unconsciously.

"I think it's not Nop's fault. You Theerapnyakul brothers really have a weird interest in bodyguards. Khun Kinn, Khun Vegas, and now our little Khun Macau. And we innocent bodyguards got trapped in your trap". He said in a sad and innocent voice.

"Okay so it is our fault that you all fall in love with us, Huh? Though am not sure about Nop and Macau now".

"Yes, of course, if it wasn't you guys, then Porsche would be living a married life by now. I would have at least gotten engaged with Kaew, but here we are!".

"You are not getting married to anyone else but I just get that in your little brain". I said sternly. "We both will talk to Nop and Macau after we get back to Bangkok".

He nodded, "then let's sleep, we need to visit so many places tomorrow".

I lay down on my side, Pete put the baby on itscrib and snuggled into me. I covered ourselves with the blanket and kissed hishead. We both drifted to sleep.

.

.

.

.

Update after a long time because dear @Alanaavatar really motivated me to write a new chapter. And Bubbles take care of yourselves💙.
Hope you'll like it. Do share your thoughts.

Take Love🌻
Thank you💙