Boyhood Bruises

Pete's POV

It was the day before we leave, and I wanted to visit the market and buy gifts for my friends. So, I got up early and went to the market to find some authentic gifts for each of my friends and some delicious food for the bodyguards working in the minor family.

It was 8 in the morning, and the market would be less crowded at this moment, so I dragged myself out of the bed to do my job before Vegas and Venice both woke up.

As my hometown was far from the mafia chaos, I did not consider bringing Nop along with me, and he also needs some alone time with my dear brother-in-law.

I felt hungry, the moment I entered the market area, the stalls were selling freshly roasted fish and papaya salad. My mouth started watering at the sight, so, I bought myself two fried squids and a little papaya salad with some iced tea. The first bite of the fried squid felt so heavenly, and I knew I had to pack these and bring them along with me to Bangkok.

As I was strolling on the market, a sudden shop caught my attention. They had all types of traditional memoirs. I started finding the exact gifts for each of my friends because everyone had a different taste.

The shop was vintage and spread the smell of warmth and nostalgia, it would make you miss someone or something even though they are already around you.

On the corner shelf of the shop, I saw two bracelets, with a small pendant hanging in the middle, it would look like a broken heart but it was a guitar pick broken in two parts. And the first two people that came to my mind after I saw that, were Kim and Porchay. They were two black braided ribbon bracelets with beige-colored pendants. I took them and went to the shopkeeper to ask if they can carve two names on each of the pendants. He said he can, so, I gave him the names and the instruction on where to put the names and what font he should use. I was really happy that I just got two gifts sorted.

Then I started searching for the other's gifts.

And after half an hour I bought almost everyone's gift except for Vegas. I stood at a corner of the shop to examine the whole shop and find the perfect gift for my perfect partner. I searched every shelf very clearly and then a small compass-shaped ring set grabbed my attention. They were bronze-colored rings, when you open them, you will find a mirror on one side and a place to paste a cut out of any picture on the other side.

It was perfect for both Vegas and me. Even in one's absence, we will feel each other's presence.

I paid for all the gifts and was quite happy with my little solo shopping. I was about to get out of the shop when suddenly a known figure walked past me. I first ignored it, thinking that I probably saw someone else, but the moment I heard that voice, I was astonished.

I stood frozen on the spot. I never expected to meet him, that too when I was enjoying the time. I gulped before I turned around to see the person who ruined my childhood.

Yes, it was 'HIM'- 'MY FATHER'!

Fucking Hell!

I tried to run away but all I did was stand at that same spot and feel the hot tears coming out of my eyes. Shit.

He looked pale and thin. Though he appeared weak, still I was scared just by his presence.

After buying something from the shopkeeper, he thanked him with a smile, and then towards me. He was also shocked after he saw me.

After staring at each other for a few minutes, he started walking towards me, and out of reflex, I started walking backward. He stopped and gave me a 'pity' look!

My whole body started shaking. The small bags that I was holding dropped from my hand.

I was not expecting him, at least not when my day just started and it was going well. He came in front of me and I stood there leaning my back on the wall, and I was stuck between this horrible man and the wall.

He brought his hand near me and I flinched just by that little act. I closed my eyes, expecting a slap on my cheeks as old days. But after a few seconds when nothing happened, I slowly opened my eyes to see him kneeling in front of me and sobbing.

This was a whole new situation for me. I never saw this man crying or having that guilty look on his face. And the next thing he did made me feel disoriented by the whole situation.

"SORRY", my father kept murmuring between his sobs.

This is not my father, who ruined my childhood, because he never said or felt guilty after almost killing me. Who is this man?

One part of my brain that was working, suggested to me, that it might be his new tactics to beat me and get away with my money.

So, I started searching for my phone and dialed Vegas's number, I hope he woke up by now.

Before he picked up the call my father jumped on me, and the phone fell from my hand. He was hugging me and begging me to forgive him.

I pushed him, "Stay the fuck away from me," I said in a harsh tone but my voice was trembling with fear. Tears came out of my eyes, I was fuming in anger and scared of him at the same time. I hate this I hate whatever is happening to me. I want to punch him and beat him until he lies unconscious in front of me. But I cannot move a limb in my body.

Then I noticed my phone that was lying on the floor, the call ended a few seconds ago. I don't know whether Vegas understood why I called him or if he just ignored the sounds he heard. I put the phone back in my pocket, I need to get out of this place because nobody is going to save me from this monster. I was about to leave the shop the I realized I need to buy the gifts. I was scared to enter the shop again because he was still there kneeling on the floor and covering his face with his hands.

I gathered some courage and walked towards the billing counter to pay for my stuff. After the payment, I almost ran outside the store and hit someone's chest.

I looked up.

.

.

.

Thanks for still reading my story and supporting me. I was so overwhelmed after seeing 1k likes on this story. This story was one of the unplanned shit I have done after my birth certificate.

Never thought I would sit down and think about the story or its plot. You guys made it a special thing for me. I know it sounds childish, to give so much attention to a little story, But to me, it's a huge achievement. And without you guys, it would have never been possible. Thank You once again, for appreciating me and my work. I love you all.🫂

.

I was really devasted by this whole situation that's going around. I know many of you are also feeling like me, so, stay strong you all, I really hope Biu is taking care of himself and comes back and show the world that he achieved everything with his own credits, and not with the help of someone else💙. 

Take Love🌻.