Catharsis

Vegas along with Pete's grandparents sat there feeling numb. They did not know the whole disaster that ruined Pete. And the thing that made it worse was Pete said all of these with a calm smile on his face.

Vegas POV:

I sat there feeling helpless, I always cursed my father for whatever he did to me. But after hearing Pete's story I felt like my monster father still did not ruin me like the one sitting in front of me. My hands were itching, I just wanted to kill this monster and erase those memories from Pete's mind.

I am ready to travel back to the time when he went through all of these and just sit beside him and share my shoulder so that they lean onto and cry, or pat his head when he failed to fall asleep or hug him tightly every time, he had a nightmare.

I so badly want to help that broken Pete. I would at least be the monster under his bed and accompany him at his worst.

Grandma sobbed silently while sitting beside me, then she got up and went towards Pete, and sat in front of him.

"Can you forgive me, my son? I know I failed you, I failed to protect you, I know sorry can never change or make you forget the situation you went through, but I am here to beg for your forgiveness until I die."

Pete kneeled on the floor and hugged his grandma tightly. He was holding his tears till now but he failed to control them the moment grandmother finished saying whatever she had to say.

"Grandma, you, and grandfather were the reason I survived, I can't forgive you because you never did anything wrong. Stop blaming yourself, please." Pete said with an assuring smile.

Grandpa was silent the whole time, he lowered his head and took a deep sigh. And the next moment he was storming towards the man who ruined Pete.

The next thing I saw was that the monster was lying on the floor with a bruised face and a deep cut on his lips and blood oozing out of his nose. The sight was disgustingly soothing to my eyes.

Then grandfather asked; "Vegas would you mind giving me a hand in breaking a few more bones in this asshole's body?"

I smiled cunningly and stormed towards the man who was begging for his life. He gave me an unreadable look.

I slapped him pretty hard that the sound echoed inside the whole house. He coughed up some blood. I walked towards the kitchen and came back with really heavy metal tongs. And if I bang his head with this, he might end up dead, but I don't want to give him an easy death.

I dragged those tongs from his head to his jaw. I saw him shivering under the touch.

I saw all red when he turned his head to the side and looked at Pete, and I saw fear in my beloved eyes. He hides it well but I can still see through him.

I took the tongs away from his face and with great force, I attacked his knee. The man screamed out of pain. I was about to attack his other knee when I felt a familiar touch on my shoulders.

I turned to look at the eyes which control the monster inside me.

"Enough Vegas, you're going to kill him." He said with a distressed look on his face.

"You want me to stop and let him go, after what he did to you?" I said in a bitter tone. I was angry at Pete because he was thinking of forgiving the man, who took away his childhood.

"He came here to speak, at least let him speak, then do whatever you want to do." He snapped at me. But the next moment took a step closer to me and said;

"Please Vegas, let me listen to him." He requested with a pleading look on his face.

I nodded and patted his back to assure him that I will support every decision he will take.