Bandage can't fix bullet holes

Pete's Pov

I looked up only to feel relieved and secure.

It was Vegas.

He was sweating and looked at me with confusion and fear in his eyes.

"What happened, baby? I heard you shouting at someone, did someone bother you? Why are you crying and running out of the store as if you saw a ghost?" he asked me in one go.

So, he heard me on the phone, he came here to help me. I know it is normal but after crossing paths with my father, I forgot how much I mean to this man, and how far he can go to save me.

I hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulders. Even Venice never cries this much. I am such a crying mess, in front of everyone.

"I will tell you everything but please let's go home, I can't stay here, please Vegas." I pleaded to him.

"Sure, let's go home but promise me you will say everything in detail and won't hide anything from me, Pete." He asked me in a calm voice but with an authoritative tone.

"Promise," I said.

But before we can leave a hand pulled me, Vegas, and I both looked towards the foreign figure that was not at all foreign to me. It was again my father.

Vegas gripped my hand tightly and pulled me towards him and hide me behind him.

"Who are you?" he asked in a very harsh tone and my father flinched after hearing his voice.

My father looked at me but Vegas came between us and pointed his fingers at him, "I asked who are you, answer me before I clear my whole magazine on your fucking forehead."

Now my father was shaking in fear, but a smile crept on his face "I am glad that my son found someone like you."

I was stunned by his replies and Vegas was still busy joining the dots in his brain, so, to make it easier for him I replied "He is my 'Father' Vegas."

He turned around and asked, "Did he do any harm to you?"

"No, he didn't." I tried to coat it with a smile but I was still scared by the figure that was standing behind Vegas.

Then my father started to blabber something, "I know sorry will not fix up the quarter of the mess I did to you. I do not want you to forgive me that easily or anything, but can you please listen to me? I know I have been a monster in your life who ruined your childhood. But I promise I will not touch a hair in your body and of course, the people around you won't let me do that, but I would never repeat my old deeds to harm you. But just listen to me, son. I have been waiting for you in our old house for so long. But when I heard that you came to Chumphon, I got excited, I felt finally God was giving me a chance to at least apologize to you."

"What do you want to say? Neither Pete nor anyone is interested in your nonsense. Your presence already dreadfully affects Pete. You can keep your apologies to yourself." Vegas replied in a very harsh tone.

But I wanted to hear him, at least before I ask him to disappear from my life. The child in me wanted to fix our relationship but I wanted to let go of it only after I listen to whatever he wanted to say.

So, I tapped on Vegas's shoulder and told him that I am willing to talk with him. He gave me a puzzled look and drag me to the other side of the place where my father was standing.

"Are you crazy Pete? Have you looked at yourself? He needs a reason to hurt you and I will never let that happen."

"I promise I will take care of myself, and I just want to hear him out," I replied.