[15] Interview

Sadie shook her entire body in hopes of shaking off her nerves. She loved doing interviews but this was much more important. This interview had higher stakes. She had to keep her composure while sitting next to Jimmy Fallon, one of her favorite people on the planet. "Princesa, are you ready?" Sadie looked up in the mirror to see Pedro coming up behind her. She shook her head and leaned back into him when he got into her proximity.

Pedro's hands snaked themselves around her body landing on her abdomen. The warmth he brought relaxed all of her tensed muscles as his lips attached to her cheek. "I'm on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and I somehow have to keep myself calm, cool, and collected. How the fuck am I suppose to do that while sitting just a few inches from one of my heroes?"

"You'll be okay, Sadie." When he said her name, it felt euphoric. No one before has ever been able to give Sadie's name a romantic edge or feel but the way it rolled off of his tongue was addicting. "I'll be watching in the crowd in case anything goes wrong. I'm with you." Sadie tilted her head to find his brown eyes pouring love into hers. She still couldn't believe that her and Pedro had even met in the first place, yet here they are in an official relationship. "Now, you need to get out there and have fun. Don't think about it."

"Don't think about it." She repeated before pressing her lips to his in a quick and loving kiss. "Thank you Pedrito." He wasn't fond of the nickname coming from anyone else but her. Anthony is trying to use it constantly but is shut down with an insult from Pedro that always receives a laugh from Sadie. A laugh that Pedro could listen to on repeat for the rest of his life and his heart would still skip two beats at its ring. 

Sadie slid out of Pedro's grasp and made her way to the curtain while he snuck his way to the lower level seats in order to hide behind cameras and not be seen by fans. At least for now. The cameras began rolling and Sadie's heart started pumping blood much faster than it should have been. Lately, Pedro has been her calming technique but it seems like she'll be on her own right now. And she can do it. "Please welcome my guest at this time, Sadie Chalamet!" 

The curtain opened and Sadie walked out with a big smile on her face. She was genuinely excited to be there she was just nervous as hell being in so close to someone she's admired majority of her life. Sadie gave a quick wave to the crowd and made quick eye contact with Pedro who blew her a kiss. Her nerves suddenly subsided and she was able to approach Jimmy without shaking. 

Jimmy embraced her in a quick hug before she made herself comfortable in the chair as the audience settled their cheering. Which was more than she ever thought she would hear in her life. "Welcome to the show, this is your first time here."

Sadie went to speak but the crowd cheered again and she couldn't help but look at them with glee. "It is my first time here and I'm so nervous I'm going to mess this up. My mother, father, agent, publicist, and even my makeup artist was like 'watch your language and don't do anything stupid.' I'm under a lot of pressure right now. I'm also a huge huge fan of you which you found out when we first met at the Emmy's."

"That's right. So the Emmy's were about a month ago at this point, rounded up, and we were sat at the same table."

"We were and as soon as you and Nancy sat down I almost shat myself." The crowd laughed and so did Jimmy. Sadie was becoming more comfortable being on the stage and around Jimmy who was incredibly welcoming to her for the brief moment they had backstage. "I've admired you for so long and fun fact, you were my and might still be my all time celebrity crush when I was in school. I watched you every weekend on SNL  just to see you. I saw your movies and when you got the Tonight Show I started watching every night or I would catch it on the DVR the next day. I'm just a huge fan you're like my favorite person ever."