[27] Lie Detector

Hey Everyone! I'm sorry for the long time period between updates but I'm a full time college student so it's hard for me to really find the time to write up a chapter in one sitting. That's how I prefer to do it, I just feel like it gets messy when I try to write it at different times. Anyway, here's an update! It's mainly dialogue but I really enjoyed writing it and in all honesty, this was the idea that brought this book to life so I'm happy I finally get to share it with you guys! I'd also like to thank you all again for the love you're giving this book! I never imagined it would get this kind of traction but I'm truly truly grateful for every single one of you reading this and enjoying this! <3 

"At any point during this interview, did you lie and we didn't catch you?" The interviewer kept a serious tone about her which intimidated Pedro and Sadie immensely. Pedro didn't seem to know the difference between his own lies or the truth and Sadie couldn't help but laugh. The entire test had her bellied over watching the way he'd dodge certain questions like his and Oscar's friendship nicknames, what he thought about the Game of Thrones finale, his sexy face, etc.

"Nope, well probably. I don't even know. But it's Sadie's turn now so lets get her up here."

Sadie rolled her eyes at him as they were beginning to unhook him from the machine. She had joked with the producers about doing the lie detector test with certain stipulations but nothing was ever confirmed. Pedro really wanted her to do it though and right now was insisting she get up there. "Pedro, we are not wasting these peoples times. They have other people to interrogate."

"Actually, you're the next person to interrogate." The woman said in the same monotonous voice she kept the entire sit-down.

"How? I never agreed..." Sadie's sentence trailed off when he noticed Pedro shrugging at her when her eyes glanced over to him. Originally she was going to ask for help with those eyes of hers but now she was shooting Pedro a death glare he would see in his nightmares for evenings to come. "You could've just told me ya know."

"Where is the fun in that, baby girl? Come on, take a seat, and prepare to be honest with the entire world for fifteen minutes."

Sadie caved and took a seat in the chair. She trusted Pedro to ensure that the things she asked for would be included but what she didn't like was how he kept it from her. She was grateful he had agreed for her though, she'd always wanted to do one of these but was too afraid to give a confident yes. Being hooked up to a machine and asked unexpected questions for the entire world to see was nerve wracking for her but she's not surprised that Pedro set her up to do it knowing she had wanted to for a while. Ever since she saw Anthony do it, she knew she needed to at least try it but that voice in the back of her head always stopped her.

The finished hooking Sadie up to the machine and she rested both of her hands on the table in order for it to accurately read her. What she didn't want was to be yelled at for moving or to get inconclusive readings. "Is your name, Sadie Elaine Chalamet?"

"Yes."

"Are you about to take a polygraph exam?"

"Yes. Unfortunately."

Sadie gave Pedro the same eyes as she did before but when she found him smiling so proudly to himself, they softened. "Let's begin with your career. You had your first major role in the television show The OC playing Kaitlin Cooper as a teenager. Do you still talk to your costars?"

"Yes. I talk to Rachel and Brody at least once or twice a week and everyone else I see around the city or at events."

"Is there a reunion in the works?"

"I know Rachel is doing a podcast about the show and has asked me to be a guest but other than that I don't believe there is a reunion."

"Do you want there to be a reunion?"