Halloween Party (Chapter 11)

"Y/n, Ms. Maximoff is outside of your door. May I let her in?"

"Yes please! Thanks, Buddy."

Tony's Halloween party extravaganza officially started over an hour ago. Why Tony is throwing a party in the compound which is home to not only highly classified information and weapons, but also an entire team of super powered individuals, is beyond anyone. But I guess when you pay for it, you can throw parties in it.

Parties aren't exactly your thing, but they also aren't not your thing. You find yourself somewhere in the middle. If the music is good, and you have friends around, you have been known to enjoy a party or two. So tonight should be good. Plus, you have heard A LOT about these parties Tony throws, never actually attending any that he has invited you too in years past, and you are hoping this one doesn't disappoint.

You've already seen glimpses of what this crew is like when they drink, and it's a time that's for sure. Yelena and Bucky go shot for shot which usually ends with one, if not both, of them slurring their words and being taken to bed by their designated 'platonic' significant other (Kate always throwing Yelena over her shoulder, while Steve or Sam drag Bucky down to his room). Kate herself gets absolutely white girl wasted, which is a sight to see. Sam somehow gets even more ridiculous the more he drinks, pulling pranks on anyone and everyone. Wanda gets giggly and touchy. Steve... well Steve doesn't drink much but he loosens up a little bit. And Natasha... well she remains a mystery. But you have noticed one thing, when she drinks she tends to stay closer to you than normal. Never talking to you any more than usual, but her physical proximity is always closer which you don't mind.

Knowing tonight everyone is going to be letting loose and drinking probably more than they should, you have been hiding away in your room a little longer in an attempt to mentally prepare yourself for what is to come tonight. But your little bubble seems to be popped as your door swings open.

"Are you ready yet? Everyone keeps asking why I am dressed up like Bruce and it's getting annoying. I need you around for this to make more sense."

Wanda slightly stumbles into your room, obviously having already started drinking. Her costume consists of one of your band t-shirts that you wear while tinkering in your lab, some protective goggles, black pants, a lab coat thrown over-top of everything, and checkered vans. Her lab coat is slightly rolled up, showing off the fake tattoos she magic-ed onto herself to mimic your sleeve on your left arm. "I'm offended that people think my clothes look like something Bruce would wear. I am way more fashionable than that man. Plus he doesn't have a single tattoo." You readjust the goggles hanging around Wanda's neck, earning you a goofy smile from her. "But ok, ok. I can head up there now. I was just psyching myself up and mentally preparing for what's to come."

"Well mentally prepare up there. I need you." Wanda grabs ahold of your hand and pulls you toward the door, not waiting for you to walk yourself out. Before you can get too far you turn your head toward Buddy. "Hey, Buddy. How about you come with us and stick with Wanda. That way people stop mistaking her for Bruce, which again is very offensive to myself."

"It would be an honor." Buddy speeds himself next to Wanda, clearly excited to be accompanying her to the party. The three of you walk (and float) toward the elevator, pressing the fourth floor.

"I can't believe people really think you are dressed like Bruce. Maybe I need to adopt a signature color to make myself more well known. You know, for branding. Like Kate, or you. But I don't know if I can pull off red as well as you do."

"No way, you are definitely pulling off the red Maximoff look. Normally I would be mad at you for choosing the emo style from almost 10 years ago that all of the news channels use when talking about me, but you look hot." Wanda shrugs as she giggles at her own admission, once again letting you know that you are a bit behind in the drinking department.