Our spot

TW: Homophobia

Pov y/n

Me: Our spot in 15 minutes

The second I hit send, I leave my room and walk towards the front door of the apartment.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" I hear my mom ask from the living room as I pass by.

I hate that she always hears when someone is moving towards the front door. Not that I thought I could leave without being noticed, but still.

"Just for a walk." I reply, hoping my voice doesn't give me away.

"Alright, be safe." She calls back and I let out a small breath of relief.
I put on my shoes and skip putting on a jacket because it's warm outside and I don't need it.
I grab my keys and leave the apartment.

All the way down the stairs and up the street, I try to push those nagging thoughts out of my mind. If I allow them to overtake my now, I know I won't reach the spot. Besides, I don't feel like breaking down in the middle of the street.

I press my lips together as I pass a couple holding hands, smiling at each other, and look the other way.

Once I passed the townhall, I turn right and follow the path for a while until I reach a fence. I glance around and when no one is in sight, I crouch down where it's loose and crawl underneath it.

The trees behind the fence quickly swallow me and I can't be seen anymore from the path on the other side. I almost trip over a branch on the ground, a frustrated sound escaping my lips because the last thing I need right now, is to trip and get hurt.

Not just because I'm planning on meeting Nat but also because I shouldn't be here at all.
This area is restricted because when it wasn't, a lot of teenagers would hang around here and go swimming in the lake nearby.

Since there are trees all around, you can't reach the lake with a car and therefore, it wasn't an official swimming spot.
There were no lifeguards and after the second accident, the town decided to restrict the area, hiding the accidents by saying that it's a part of nature that should be preserved, bla bla.

But in general, I don't mind it being restricted because that assures me, that I won't meet anyone else and that gives us safety.
We probably would be safe either way because except us, no one knows where 'our spot' is.

We found it by accident and have been going there frequently since then. At first, when the lake wasn't restricted, and we were just friends, we had to make sure that no one would see us when we sneaked through the small gap in the stone-walls.
Now, we don't have to worry about that anymore and technically could meet anywhere around here but the small cave just feels more special and intimate.

I climb up the cliffs, feeling sweat forming on my forehead but I push through it.
My thoughts are dangerously close to slipping off into the direction I try to keep them away from.
I grind my teeth and climb up a little higher.

Before I sneak through the gap, I pull out my phone. I haven't looked at it since I sent the message. If she didn't agree to meet me here, I came all this way for nothing.
But luckily, she sent a thumbs up and a heart.

I pocket my phone again and press my body against the cold stone, a nice contrast to the hot sun on my skin.
When I push off the stone again, now inside the small cave, I take a deep breath, feeling a little bit freer just by being here.

"It sounded serious."

I spin around to the familiar voice and there she stands: Natasha, my girlfriend, her hands on her hips and a small frown on her face.
Her hair in a braid, wearing shorts and a top.