Interview part 2 (+announcement)

Pov Amelia

Back in my hotel room, I still can't properly process what happened. Scarlett Johansson gave me her phone number!
I'm very sure she doesn't do that on a daily basis. If I was in her position, I'd keep any personal information to myself. But I will not complain about this, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and wasting it would be stupid.

Besides, I got another day here too, hopping from interview to interview. Las Vegas seems to be the place to be at, at the moment when wanting to catch celebrities. Which I don't quite understand. It's not like the city is irrelevant or anything, it just seems like the focus is on all the shows and casino's here.

Just on my way to the building where we held the interviews, I spotted eight different casino's. It's impressive, sure, but still makes me wonder why agents would add this stop to a press tour. But that's not my concern.

My boss kind of messed up with the press tour places and dates, so instead of meeting Scarlett in Los Angeles, I had to drive up to Las Vegas. Los Angeles would have been so much better. I don't exactly live close to where those interviews happen but it would still have been shorter than four hours.

Since I'm already here, I am meeting with other people to interview them. Some magicians, stunt-people, show managers, another actor and a casino manager. It's a bit random but my boss said we can use all the material we can get for future articles.

The hotel and drive here is paid for, so I didn't complain. Besides, this was so worth the car ride to Las Vegas and the horror of driving in a city like this. Which is why today's vehicle of choice to work was a taxi.

With tomorrow being busy as well, I have another night here before driving home the day after tomorrow. The prospect of dinner with Scarlett is not just exciting but really nice, as I don't know anyone here either and would enjoy some company.

Speaking off, I promised my sister to call once I got back from my day at work. She never visited Las Vegas but wanted to for a while now. I don't mind being her personal informant and I am pretty sure that's not the only reason she asked me to call.
Nora has always been protective of me, even as a child. Even as adults, that never faded, it's just not as present anymore. It shows in smaller requests and actions, like asking me to call at the end of my day in a foreign city.

I lay down on my bed and grab my phone, searching for her contact in my BlackBerry. There are new phones with touchscreens now but I don't see the reason to buy one if mine works perfectly fine. Those new ones are expensive because they claim to be so much better, the image resolution is supposed to be better and some even have internet. Internet on a phone is nice, but is it really necessary? I got my computer at home and at work if I want to look something up, that has to be enough. Also, the thought of having no keyboard but it appearing on screen when needed is...strange. 

I stare at the TV in my room. There's an extra fee charged when I want to use it, which seems a bit arrogant, but I can keep myself occupied without a TV.

"Hey, Lia," the soft voice of my dad greets me. I frown and look at my display but that's definitely Nora's name on there. 

"Hey, Dad. Why do you have Nora's phone?" I ask. In the background are some noises but I can't tell what they are. 

"She's driving at the moment and you know, no calling while driving," Dad says. I smile softly and nod, even though he can't see it. That's one of the first things he told us when we got our phones a while back. Phones can distract you and it's better to have both hands on the wheel anyway. 

"I know, you told us," I reply gently. He's just looking out for us and I appreciate that. Still, I'm 27, I know what to think of and how to stay safe.