<Three>

"Ember! Wake up! It's time to go to our cabins." Cliff said, shaking me awake. I sat straight up. I fixed my shirt and got up. I walked with the guys until my cabin came up. "See ya later." I said waving at them. "At the fire tonight!" James said as I walked in.

There were a bunch of preppy girls all about my age or younger. I walked over to the girl I was sharing a bunk with. "So you want top or bottom?" I said just so I could lay down. "Bottom. I don't like heights." she said. "Cool." I said in a monotone voice. She rolled her eyes.

I grabbed my pillow and laid down. I put my headphones on and turned on my walkman. It played 'Children of the Grave' by Black Sabbath.

All the girls were talking and giggling. Then the counselor walked in. "Alright girls. Get in a circle. We're gonna go around and say our names and where we're from." She said sitting on the ground. She had long blonde hair in a ponytail. You could tell her hair wasn't used to it.

We all got in a circle. "I'll start. I'm Rachel and I'm from Sacramento." our counselor said. We went around. I learned the girl in the bunk below me was Amy from Oakland. I was the last one to tell everyone my name. "Um, I'm Ember and I live in San Francisco most of the time but I go to my dads every other weekend in LA." I said then, sitting back down. They all said nice to meet you and things.

"Ok girls were gonna go with the rest of the camp down to the Lake and go swim in about 30 minutes so go get ready." she said then walked over to me. "So you like Black Sabbath?" she asked. "Like no, love hell ya." I said, smiling at her.

"That's cool. So you like all metal?" She asked me then dug through my bag of caskets. "Most. I'm assuming you do." I said, grabbing my swimsuit. "Hell yeah. I think we are going to get along really well." She said walking off.

I waited to change in the line of girls waiting for the bathroom. They all came out with colorful one piece bathing suits. Mine was a two piece that had wavey red and white lines all over it. I changed and put my shorts over it again. I sat on my bed and waited for everyone else to be ready.