<Sixteen>

It had been a week or so since I kissed Lars in the cheek. It didn't seem to bother either of us because he and Amy seemed to be flirting at the time. He seemed so happy which I thought was amazing.

Me and Dave got closer it seemed but it wasn't like how close me and Cliff seemed to be. James on the other hand seemed to be distancing from me.

Why? I don't know. He just seemed to not be interested anymore. Which was fine. Everyone has their own feelings and preferences.

I walked to the mess hall with my hands in my leather jacket looking at the ground. "Ember!" James yelled at me running towards me.

I looked up and smiled, "Hey what's up?". He slowed down and stood by me. "So could you do me a really big favor?" He asked as I started to walk. "And that is?".

"You see me and a couple of my cabin mates were messing around and they said if I can't find a girls bra by the end of today I have to sleep out on the docks. I know it sounds horrible but I really need this favor." He said looking at me with shame in his eyes.

"Let me think about it." I said, rolling my eyes and walking faster. He nodded and walked back to the guys he recently started hanging out with.

I sat down at the table and put my feet up. Lars was the only one there. He looked at me and looked away. Soon Dave and Cliff came over and sat down.

"What's wrong with you Mrs. Pissy Pants?" Dave asked me chuckling at the name he just came up with. "Nothing." I said looking away from their eyes. "Did someone start their period?" Dave asked.

"What?" I said, looking at him with dead eyes. "Did you start your period?" He asked again, not smiling. I got up and walked out bumping Kirk on the way out. "That was fucked up Dave." Cliff said, getting up.

I ran to the side of the mess hall facing the lake. My anger boiled inside of me. Why is everyone so fucking bitchy? I slammed my fist into the brick wall. I slammed it repeatedly wishing it was someone's face instead.

I closed my eyes wishing I could be not so angry. I punched again but instead of hitting the wall I hit a hand. I opened my eyes and looked to see who's hand I just hit. Cliff stood next to where I was punching looking at me with sorrow in his eyes.

I looked at my feet as tears built up. "Don't lie to me. What's wrong? I've never seen you act like this." He said coming closer. "Fucking James and Dave!" I said looking up at him with tears trickling down my cheeks.

He put his arm around my shoulder and we sat down against the wall. "This morning James walked up to me and asked me for a 'favor' but all he wanted was my bra. That made me mad and hurt at the same time. I ended up storming off and sat down. Then Dave decided to be Mr. Asshole and ask the worst possible question to ask someone. Like what the fuck is wrong with them. I know I shouldn't be this worked up. I'm starting to be easily angered or sad and I hate it! I hate myself." I said putting my face in my hands.

He sighed and rubbed my shoulder. "It's ok to be vulnerable." He said moving my hair from my hands. I moved my face away from my hands to look at him. "Do you ever feel like this?" I asked, the tears starting to go away.

"Yeah. I normally just numb it with beer or weed but don't be going and getting any ideas. It's not good for you." He smiled at me in the last part. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder.

We sat there for a minute before getting up and going inside. I got food and sat down again. "Lookin sorry Ember. I didn't mean to be an ass." He said, looking at me. "It's fine. It wasn't just you." I said before eating the big waffles I had on my plate.

We ate and were told to go to the docks. I walked over with Rachel and Kirk. "So when are you and Cliff gonna fuck." Sunny said, smiling at me. "For the last time. I'M NOT GONNA FUCK HIM!" I yelled looking at the sky.

"I'm just busting your balls. Plus I know you're not like that." She chuckled. I chuckled lightly as we made it to the docks. "Ok you guys are gonna be racing Kayaks. So pair up!" The old man yelled.

Kirk and Rachel paired up of course. James was with Cliff, Lars was with Amy and Dave stood off to the side. I walked over to him and said "Neither of us have a partner so you're my partner shit for brains.". He chuckled and nodded.

"NO I WANT TO BE WITH MARY!" I heard an annoying familiar voice yell. "Here's a nice group!" The old man said, dragging her to us. The girl was my bunkmate. She huffed as she saw me.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Hey Davey!" She said walking towards Dave. "Carla, I have told you a million times. I'M NOT INTO YOU!" Dave said before trying to talk to me. "You're gonna talk to Satan girl over me? She'll turn you in for cult stuff." She said walking between us.

"What the hell did you just call her?" Dave asked, looking at her. "Satan girl, she's always listening to devil music and she doesn't even know who Elton John is!" She said, "Actually I do." I said, smiling at her.

She flipped her hair which got in my face. "What is wrong with you? I like the same music she does!" Dave said, walking away from her and me following him.

We all got our kayaks and Carla was in ours waiting. Dave looked at me. I shook my head and made him get in. "AND... GO!" The old man yelled, shooting a cap gun. I pushed us in and got in myself.