<Ten>

"What were you thinking! You're gonna be in trouble!" The counselor yelled, dragging him away. Me, Dave, and Lars laughed and he flipped us off.

We assumed James would be gone for a while so we finished with our dares before starting a new round. I shuffled and dealt this time. I had one good card, a king.

"Fold." I said laying down my cards face down. Everyone else decided their cards were good. Dave won with a royal flush. He gave them dares that they did. I let them play around while I ate.

I watched their faces, seeing if I could find a pattern for each one. Cliff has a good poker face but he flips his hair off his neck when he has bad cards.

Lars sucks, when he has a straight he counts with his eyes, he's over all very predictable. Kirk's words change to more formal. Dave just smiles the whole time but the type of smiles depend on the cards.

Soon James came back to the table without his normal happy go lucky look. "So you get in trouble?" I said with a smug smile on my face. "I have to wash tables and dishes for a week." He said slumping in his chair.

We played gin rummy this time. I had one card left when little thumps of rain started to hit the tin roof. "Alright campers, may I have your attention! Today's plans are gonna change. Instead of a nature hunt today we'll be in our cabins. If your counselors allow, you may visit your friends in other cabins. Let's clear the mess hall now!" The old man said.

"Let's go to one of your cabins. Mines full of little bitches." I said as we all got up. "Let's go to mine. Most of the ones in my cabin will filter out." Cliff said. "I'll join you guys later." James said heading towards the kitchen.

We all headed out the jam packed exit and walked across the yard. Rain soaked me and my outfit. Everyone else has leather and denim jackets on which don't get drenched. (Ik they kinda do but bare with me😭)

Dave took off his jacket and put it over my head. I smiled up at him as we walked. We made it to the cabin. Me and Dave were soaking wet. "Hey you got a towel?" I asked Cliff, grabbing my drenched hair.

"Yeah let me grab it." He said walking to his bunk. He handed me the towel. I shook my hair in it but left my clothes alone. I handed it to Dave to drive off.

"I'm good. This is my cabin too." He said, grabbing a different shirt from his bag. He slipped off his shirt, his skin glistening. He put a shirt that had paint, bleach, and faded writing all over it.

"Let's play poker but this time bet money." Kirk said, shuffling the cards. "I have to go grab my money." I said standing up. "We'll just trust each other to pay each other. I'll keep track of the owed money." Cliff said, pulling out paper and pen.

Kirk dealt me a royal flush. I chuckled as I saw Lars count repeatedly with his eyes. Dave looked at me with a smug smirk. I flashed a smile at him before rolling my eyes. I heard him chuckle.

"Fold." Cliff said, laying his cards down. Kirk smiled as he laid his cards down. He had three of a kind. Lars laid his down with four sevens. Dave laid his hand down with a straight flush.

He smiled at me with his hazel eyes that caught my blue eyes. I laid my hand down with a royal flush. Everyone sighed but Dave. Dave chuckled to himself. "What's so funny Mustang." I said teasing him. He shook his head with an upside down smile.