<Twenty>

"Everyone sit down and listen." He said. After everyone was seated he cleared his throat. "In the required things for camp you had a camping bag. Tonight we will be sleeping here by the fire, but! I have a story to tell. Now go get your sleeping bags!" He yelled.

We all got up and went to our cabins. Cliff found his way to me. "This dumbass is gonna 'Scare' us." He said. I chuckled and nodded. His famous side smirk appeared on his face.

I walked into my cabin and grabbed my sleeping bag, walkman, horror comic, Labyrinth book, and a pillow. I walked out and went back. Apparently I was the first back.

I put my stuff down closer to the back of the fire. I pulled out my comic and read. Everyone flooded back to the fire in the Pj's. I hadn't changed but I didn't need to. I had a Dawn of Dead shirt on with my comfy shorts already on.

Soon James, Cliff, Dave, Lars, Amy, and Kirk were over by me. "You like horror comics." Kirk asked. I nodded while still reading. We waited a little for the old man to come out. "Settle down!" He yelled.

Once everyone was quiet he started. "In 1929, a family came to these very grounds to look for gold. They started sifting the river and lake for gold. One day there son had gone to a deeper part of the river. As he was sifting, the current swept him away. 'Help me!' he yelled as the current drug him under and drowned him. He had vanished to his family. The family had no idea he was already dead and set out to find him. They looked for hours with no sight of him. They called for him but never found him. They turned home with tears in their eyes. They walked which way they thought was back home. They ended up at a Native American village. Upon their arrival the Native Americans had slaughtered them leaving no trace of the family. They say you can still hear the family yelling out the child's name. 'David! David!'." He told.

Most girls looked terrified and the men looked like they wanted to be tuff but were scared. "Life handed them a short straw." James whispered. I chuckled. "Now I want all of you to sleep peacefully tonight and enjoy nature. Your counselors will be in your cabins." He said getting up and walking away.

I turned away from my comic and looked at the group. "You know historically the story is wrong." I said. They all looked at me with confusion.

"The Gold Rush ended in 1855. No one was looking for gold in the twenty's. Plus most Native Americans had either signed treaties with the people who were coming there, or moved to reservations by the 1900's. Plus the family was most likely poor and suffering because 1929 was the start of the great depression. So they wouldn't have enough to even go off the grid. So historically the story is incorrect." I said.

My eyes widened as I noticed how nerdy I sounded. I have always been good at school. I learned really easily, especially history. "Ok nerd!" Dave said play punching my shoulder.

I nervously laughed and looked at the sky. "David! David!" Voices called from afar. A lot of the girls screamed and cuddled up to a guy. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my comic.

A bunch of people had gone back inside within an hour. Amy had gone over to talk to her other friends. "Damn people are really that scared?" I asked. "People are pussies nowadays." James said.

"I could come up with a million better stories!" Kirk said. I agreed. "Then let's tell some scary stories then." Lars said. All of us said no.

"Hey Cliff you got enough weed to get us a little high? We should go down by the docks and get high." James said.

"I might but I bet they got watch outs on the docks for kids that think that will be a good place to fuck. We should go get Rachel and have her take us to places she knows they won't be." Cliff said gettin up. We all walked to my cabin to find Rachel. Tonight is gonna be fun.