Chapter 49: Can't save everyone.

[Kamino Hospital]

Returning to where we left off, we see that Izuku was facing Toshinori, Gran Torino and Nezu, who asked a question that left the boy unresponsive.

Nezu: "Young Midoriya, tell me, what was your relationship with Himiko Toga?"

Izuku: “Toga...?!  How do you know this?  What happened to her?!"  - he asked worried.

Gran Torino: “After Saki died and you passed out, the other remaining members of the League of Villains surrendered and others disappeared, which were Kurogiri and Dabi.”

Toshinori: "As for those two who disappeared, Tsukauchi is already investigating their whereabouts with the police."

Izuku: "So... Toga is in jail?"

Nezu: "From your reaction and your question, it seems like you know Himiko Toga and care about her, even though she's on the side of the villains."

Izuku: "...Yes, I know her, but when I met her, she wasn't like that."

Toshinori: "Could you tell us about your relationship with her, young Midoriya?"

Hearing that question, Izuku sighed, clasped his hands as he looked at the three of them, and decided to answer.

Izuku: “I met her when we were kids.  One day I saw her being bothered by other kids who called her by mean names: Villain, Devil Smile, blood drinker, weirdo... and psychopath.”

Gran Torino: “I suppose they called her that because of her Quirk, right?”  - when asking that question, Izuku nodded.

Izuku: “It wasn't just that… the other kids bothered her because she couldn't stop smiling, and when she did;  she showed the fangs that were in her teeth... and that made the other kids uncomfortable somehow.”

Toshinori: "And here I thought kids today weren't as cruel as they were back then."  - he said disappointed as he pinched the middle between his eyes.

Gran Torino: “Not only kids, but adults too.”

Izuku: “There was a day when I wanted to put an end to it, even though I was quirkless, I wanted it to stop. I couldn't bear to see that... so I helped her, but as a result I got beaten up for it.”

Gran Torino: “Yeah, I was right, this boy looks a lot like you, Toshinori.”  - he said while looking at Toshi, who was rubbing his head.

Izuku: “After that, she thanked me and questioned me for doing that.  She even thought I would call her a villain by learning about her Quirk or seeing the fangs in her teeth, but I didn't.  In fact, I thought her power was incredible!”  - he said that part while rubbing his head.  - “And when I praised her, she cried, but at the same time she was smiling at me for having done that.  And of course, the two of us ended up becoming friends for a while. She always followed me around, and she smiled at me in a very kind way.  The other kids were afraid of that, but not me.”  - he said when he remembered the times when he was a child and played with Toga.

Toshinori: “Wait a minute! Did you say, 'friends for a while'? What happened between you two?”

Izuku: "... It wasn't what happened between the two of us, but what happened to her... Toga disappeared after a while."  - he said in a serious tone.  - “I didn't know where she lived, or who her parents were.  She never came back to school, or to the park where we played... she just disappeared, and I never heard from her again.”

Nezu: “Hmmm… even though it's not much;  that explains a lot.”  - he said while keeping his hand on his chin.  - “And answering your question from before... Toga is not under arrest. At least not in prison.”