Chapter 1427-1455

Chapter 1427

"...What? Who did you say you were?" said the astonished security guard.

He truly couldn't believe that this young man before him-who was an actual pauper-would dare to claim that he was Mr. Crawford!

While he definitely wouldn't have believed Gerald judging off his appearance alone, the guard had the shock of his life when he saw the look in the youth's eyes.

He hadn't really been paying too much attention to Gerald earlier, but after catching a glimpse of Gerald's gaze-when Gerald was staring at him-the guard instantly felt a strong, pressuring aura from the youth.

Adding the immense oppressive feeling-Gerald was capable of emitting-to his great strength, the stunned guard-who was now feeling chill after chill run down his back-felt more and more compelled to believe Gerald's claim.

Even Xavia and the others had been startled the second they heard Gerald say that.

Soon after, Xavia snapped out of it before laughing and saying, "Did I hear wrongly? Who did you say you were? Haha!"

While Xavia had initially thought that Gerald was going to get beaten up, she hadn't expected him to actually be that skillful and strong! Even so, her focus still lay on what Gerald had just said. That he was actually Mr. Crawford.

Mr. Crawford was the wealthiest and most influential figure in all of Mayberry city. If he truly was Mr.

Crawford, then wouldn't that make her Mrs. Crawford? ...No, that'd make her the former Mrs. Crawford... She couldn't just accept that!

After hearing his claim, Xavia simply felt an inexplicable sense of panic within the depths of her heart. It was obvious that she had nothing to do with this person anymore... So why was she feeling so afraid...?

It wasn't long after when Zack finally arrived at the scene. Due to how joyful Zack's face was as he ran toward Gerald, Gerald figured that his sister must have already explained everything to Zack. The fact that Zack instantly knew who he was must have also meant that his sister had sent a photograph of him to Zack as well.

Regardless, upon standing before Gerald, Zack instantly made a deep bow before shouting, "Mr. Crawford!"

Following that, the group of senior executives behind Zack shouted in unison, "Mr. Crawford...!"

After being given the appropriate information, Zack now knew that the young man before him was Gerald, the child whom the Crawfords had raised in poverty from the second he was born!

"...W-what...?!"

By that point, Xavia, Yuri, and the others were already completely dumbfounded. Yuri, in particular, could feel his face turning green as he continued staring wide-eyed at Gerald.

The pathetic pauper... He was actually a rich, young master? And one whom even Chairman Lyle had to bow before?!

Now breathing frantically, those from the group who had mocked Gerald desperately wanted to just drill a hole in the ground now so that they could hide their faces.

"Very good. Regardless, there are some important matters that I'd like to discuss with you, Chairman Lyle. Let's head over to the office to talk about this!" replied Gerald with a slight nod.

"Of course, Mr. Crawford!" replied Zack.

Just as they were about to head in, Xavia couldn't help but yell, "...W-wait a moment...!"