Chapter 2161-2181

Chapter 2161

Just thinking about the hundreds of poisonous snakes in his family's infamous pit sent shivers down his spine.

Shaking his head, Amare knew that he had to stay focused. Tonight was his best shot at killing Gerald. If he failed, there was a high chance that he wasn't going to be able to hunt Gerald down in time tomorrow. What more, even if he did miraculously find Gerald again then, he wouldn't be able to do anything in broad daylight unless he wanted to attract unnecessary attention to himself.

Whatever the case was, after silently touching down on the ground after leaping from the sixth floor a cold smile formed on Amare's face as he growled, "To think that you'd actually release your essential qi... Don't you know you're being hunted down?"

With that said, Amare began bolting toward the direction where he had sensed the essential qi. With how fast he was, he was barely even visible, and anyone he passed would've only been able to sense a cold breeze passing by...

Gerald himself was already standing in an open area while puffing a cigarette, the cigarette's smoke looking particularly conspicuous in the darkening sky...

The youth had learned about this place from Ichiro from one of their casual conversations. Apparently, this area had been bought by the war department to build a new training ground. However, due to some issues, the project had been suspended till this very day. Regardless, since this piece of land was owned by the war department, nobody dared to come to this place. Those from the war department didn't have any reason to come all the way out here just to train either, which made this the perfect place to deal with the Crawford cultivator.

Either way, it wasn't long after before Gerald felt someone closing in at rapid speeds, prompting him to mutter, "Well aren't you a fast one..."

Though it was already pretty dark, with the help of the Herculean Primordial Spirit, Gerald could now see clearly in the dark. In fact, being a cultivator, he could even see the blood circulation and essential qi running through people. With that said, Gerald soon saw Amare appear not too far away from him...

"Gerald, right?" asked Amare as he stared at the youth. Since Gerald had already released his essential qi, Amare saw no reason to hide his anymore either.

Watching as Amare released his own essential qi, Gerald simply crossed his arms before calmly replying, "That, I am."

"You're just an abandoned descendant of the Crawford family, you know? If you had just lived in the secular world properly, none of us would've even bothered about you. With that said, to think that you would suddenly appear and attempt to snatch Master Will's rightful position as the heir of our family! Due to your actions, can you really blame us for hunting you down?" scoffed Amare as he tossed his

jacket off, exposing his muscular body...

Not only was he strong in cultivation, but he also had one of the best physiques within his family. With that said, a cultivator of the same level wouldn't be his match at all, and this was proven in the many competitions within his clan that he had won over the years. Hell, it was because of his strength that Daryl had appointed him for this errand.

Regardless, upon hearing what Amare had to say, Gerald was momentarily surprised, though he quickly smiled before replying, "You think I'm competing against Will for that position...? Putting that aside, from what you've said, I'm assuming you're here under Will's orders. After all, I'm pretty sure Daryl didn't allow any of you to harm me. If he finds out, I wonder if you'll be subjected to serious consequences...?"