Chapter 2451-2452

The invisible rich man
Chapter 2451
<p>“…I agree! Checking around for ancient books about legends in Peaceton may be our best shot at getting more information!” replied Gerald with a nod.
<p>“I’m glad you’re on board with the idea! Speaking of which, I happen to have a student working with the local botanical research institute, and I’m thinking of asking him to help us search for some ancient records!” said the professor.
<p>“Putting all that aside for now… Though you haven’t properly met that mysterious expert, since he managed to save that demon scorpion in time, he must have known about you for a while now!” muttered Darkwind with a slight frown.
<p>“Indeed… From how easily he blocked my Thordiffusion Method’s essential qi, he seemed to recognize my attack as well! Come to think of it, even that woman recognized the techniques that I inherited. If I haven’t said it already, Saint Amorphous seemed to be acquainted with that big demon. With that in mind, his power must be far beyond mine!” replied Gerald.
<p>“Still, I find it odd that the big demon didn’t attempt to fight me after blocking my attack. Had he arrived with his true self and fought me, there’s a high possibility that I would’ve lost! I’m guessing that he only did that to pay respect to me!” added Gerald as he continued thinking about today’s battle.
<p>“All in all, we need to be more careful from now on, especially since this big demon seems to have a close connection with the Zandts. To think that our trip to the general’s tomb would get this complicated…” grumbled Lyndon.
<p>“Lyndon’s right. With that said, if we don’t have anything important to do in the coming days, try not to get separated. That way, if
anything comes up, I’ll be close enough to use my Golden Blaze Somersault and teleport everyone to safety!” replied Gerald. <p>After a brief pause, Gerald was prompted to add, “…Hold on. I’ve completely forgotten about the Second Young Mistress! While I attend to her, you two stick close with the professor. Remember, no separating unless absolutely necessary. Well, I’m off, then!”
<p>As Gerald bolted off to deal with Fae, things within the Trilight Church were starting to get rowdy.
<p>By the very next day, three honored guests stepped into Trilight
Church, the guests being Master Greendrake from Greendrake Church, Master Coldwater from Coldwater Church, and Master Sevenom from the Centipede Sect.
<p>Upon seeing Master Trilight, Master Greendrake was prompted to ask, “So I heard you ran into some trouble, Youngest Junior.” <p>“Eldest Senior! Not only did I end up damaging Master’s reputation, but I almost died by that man’s hands too!” replied Master Trilight in an icy tone.
<p>Chuckling in response, Master Greendrake then said, “And here I thought nobody would ever be able to seriously injure you… Who exactly was your opponent?”
<p>“He’s a young man in his twenties, but even Master didn’t take his capabilities lightly…” muttered Master Trilight.
<p>“There’s no need to be so humble, Aunt Trilight! I refuse to believe that such a young man would be able to cultivate his essential qi to such a high level!” retorted a young man who was standing behind Master Greendrake in a disdainful tone.
<p>“Silence, Filipe. The world is more complicated than you think. Though the holy spirits of heaven and earth are scarce now, we should never underestimate cultivators. After all, their virtuous essential qi is the purest, and if they get to a certain limit, even
demonic cultivators with similar abilities won’t be able to take them on without relying on angelic artifacts!” scoffed Master Greendrake. <p>“But Father, Aunt Trilight said that he’s just in his twenties! If he was able to injure Aunt Trilight, he must have used angelic artifacts!” replied Filipe.
<p>“Actually, we were curious about this as well, Youngest Junior. How did you get hurt..?” asked the other two masters.
Chapter 2452
<p>After Master Trilight recounted all that had happened, all three masters were left shocked.
<p>Feeling his heart skip a beat, Master Greendrake eventually said, “So… Let me get this straight. Your opponent was Saint Amorphous’s heir, and the boy has nearly mastered all the techniques created by that man…?”
<p>“Indeed. It’s why Master grew interested and told me to investigate further into him. However, I figured that making a thorough investigation was going to be difficult on my own, which is why I invited you three over! That aside, from what I’ve gathered through my disciple’s resources, the boy’s name is Gerald Crawford, and he really is only in his twenties. Interestingly, he’s also a second-generation rich heir who supposedly went missing for a few years! I’m guessing that he obtained his power around then!” proposed Master Trilight. <p>“That basic information is all we need. Father, I suggest that we get some of our men from Greendrake Church to deal with him! Once
we’ve captured him, we can just get the rest of the information out of him!” declared Filipe.
<p>“Could you not be so impulsive for once, Filipe? Didn’t you hear what your aunt Trilight said? Even your Grandmaster is giving him face! With that in mind, there’s no way you could deal with him! Just stay put for now! Regardless… I suspect that there’s a special force within his body that’s allowing him to do all this… With that said, we should only start making plans once we understand more about him!” suggested Master Greendrake.
<p>“We’ll follow every word you say, Eldest Senior!” declared the trio in respectful tones.
<p>Following that, Master Greendrake turned to look at his son before shaking his head as he said in a disappointed tone, “Honestly, though, you’ve been acting more and more immature of late… If you keep behaving this way, you’ll never be successful!”
<p>After shaking his head again, Master Greendrake then began leading his juniors further into the church, leaving the red-faced Filipe clenching his fists in embarrassment.
<p>‘You’ve always considered everything I do to be immature…! Fine, then! Since all of you keep looking down on me, I’ll prove you all wrong! I’ll use my Whirlwind Fleaying Feet technique that I’ve practiced for over eighteen years to defeat Gerald once and for all! Once I’m done, I’ll bring his head to you…!’ Filipe thought to himself.
<p>Meanwhile, Gerald and his party were reading some documents at a museum that the professor had led them to. The professor had even invited a few of his students from the institution to help them read through the documents.
<p>However, after going through numerous documents, Darkwind finally couldn’t take it anymore, prompting him to grumble, “Alright, that does it! I’m heading out to get some fresh air!”
<p>Though Gerald helplessly shook his head, he understood that Darkwind was a dynamic person who preferred manhandling things compared to reading. With that in mind, Gerald ultimately replied, “Fine, but remember to keep a low profile. Make sure not to cause any trouble!”
<p>“I appreciate it, Mr. Crawford! ” replied Darkwind as he cheerily left the museum…
<p>Since he wasn’t too familiar with the secular world yet, he simply headed to a nearby park. Once he got there, he found a nice spot to
sit in, and immediately began cultivating…
<p>However, it wasn’t long before a group of men suddenly surrounded him! Eventually, Darkwind was prompted to open his eyes and he was greeted by the sight of Elaine, the Eldest Young Mistress of the Zandt family, and an evil looking young man standing before him.
<p>“Do forgive us for visiting you under such short notice, old man!”