Gamers on the Run [Arisu x Reader]

[First person pov]

It wasn't until I heard a voice shouting through my headphones that I realised I slept in again. I was late for school but I didn't care. I was a lost cause. No one else was in the house so I decided to answer the loud voice in my headphones. 
"Hello?" I said.
"Finally, you're here. It took you long enough," Arisu teased. 
"I slept in, okay?" I shot back. 
"Fine, okay! Let's just play."
I agreed and we played for a while.

We had known each other online for years now and he seemed like a really cool person. 
"Hey, this might sound crazy but do you wanna meet up like outside the video games?" I asked.
"Doesn't sound like a crazy idea at all but I'm gonna have to bring my best friends," Arisu replied.
"No problem, what are their names?" 
"Chota and Karube. You'll like 'em."
"Sweet but where are we gonna meet up?" I asked.
"I don't know, I thought you'd come up with the meeting place."
"Hm... how about outside the train station at five thirty."
"Sure, see you there."

We both played another game before deciding to log off and get ready to go to the station. While I get dressed, I imagined what they'd all look like. Arisu seemed friendly. He shared some pretty deep secrets with me that he said no one else knows about although Karube and Chota probably know all his secrets already. By the time my mother got home, I was in my school uniform and she asked me how school was. I lied and said it was fun. It was a lie because number one: school is never fun and number two: I didn't even go. 

After my mum talked to me, I got changed into my outfit to go and meet Arisu and his friends. We didn't really have anything planned. We were just going to go with the flow. I had no clue as to what he looked like so I was floating around like an aimless duck in the water, searching for a friend. At around six o'clock, three men approached me with warm smiles. 

One of the men said, "you're Y/N, aren't you?"
"Arisu?" I said in confusion.
"No, that's Arisu," he laughed, pointing to Arisu. "I'm Karube and this is Chota. I've seen you lingering outside the bar a few times.
"Oh... yeah I remember your face. What do you guys wanna do?" I asked them whilst dragging them to a quieter place.
"I have an idea," Karube smirked and put Arisu on his shoulders. In a second, I was out on the street, supported by Chota's strong shoulders and wobbly legs. I was half screaming in pure terror and half squealing with excitement. 

"It's not a good idea to be on the road!" I shout to Chota and Karube.
"This was all Karube's idea," Chota assured me.
All of a sudden, I fell to the ground and a few police officers came running out. I pulled Arisu out of the way and Arisu grabbed his other friends. 
After that moment of being scared out of our minds, we laughed it off and hugged each other and blamed Karube for his stupid idea. 

"Holy shit, I'm glad no one died!" Chota scolded Karube.

"Let's go back to my house," Arisu suggested.
"Sure," Karube giggled.
"Okay," Chota agreed.
"Let's go!" I exclaimed.

We all headed to Arisu's place, having no idea why the police were still there. 
Arisu made noodles and set up game controllers for everyone. We were having the time of our lives until Arisu's father called for him.

"Arisu, you're on the television!" His father exclaimed like that was the only thing he had to be proud of Arisu for. 
"What do you mean?" Arisu asked, confused.

"Serial killer Sunato Banda has been caught after traces of his DNA were found at multiple crime scenes. Here's the chief police officer of Tokyo for more."

"Shit, they finally caught him," Karube stated.
"Yeah, I guess," Chota added.
"Phew, at least none of us are dead!" I chimed in with a whisper. 

{662 words}