His Care [Chishiya x Self Harming!Reader]

Thank you to Sorxkivjj for requesting this one shot! Remember that recovery isn't linear and things will get better even if it feels like your world is falling apart.

Because this has self harm in the one shot, please read with caution and keep yourself safe!

Thoughts flash through my tormented mind as I scrambled to the bathroom. Tears fell down my face.
"I can't do this anymore. I need to feel something. To distract myself," I cried.
I stared at myself in the mirror, full of hurt and numbness. I hadn't hurt myself since I arrived in the Borderlands so why am I doing this to myself now? I didn't care. Regardless of what anyone thought, I picked up the blade that was in the bathroom cabinet.

I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself but it didn't work. The blade glided across my arm, making small incisions. After a few seconds, I panicked as the cuts were filled with blood. I reached for a tissue so I could clean up the blood but inside of feeling a tissue, I caressed a hand before looking up in fear.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Chishiya said as I covered my arm with my hand.
"Ha, yeah, me neither," I laughed, slightly out of breath.
Chishiya's face dropped as he stared at drops of blood on the floor.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Chishiya sounded concerned.
"I... um... it was from last night's game!" I came up with a lie on the spot.
"The blood would've dried by then. Tell me what happened." He saw right through my lie.
"Please don't freak out..." I mumbled as I lifted my hand to reveal the cuts.
"Did you do that... to yourself?" Chishiya asked. "I'll be right back with a first aid kit and you are gonna stay right there. Don't do anything while I'm gone. I'm here for you."

In an attempt to hold back my tears, I buried my head in my hands. He cared about me. He didn't care about the blood stains on his white hoodie or the impending feeling of doom that filled the dark room. He cared about me.

"Hey, Y/N. I'm back." Chishiya ran into the bathroom with a first aid kit and a warm smile. "Now, tell me. What happened? Are you feeling better now?"
"To be honest, I still feel like shit but it's nice to know that someone cares about me," I respond as he wraps a bandage around my arm.
"Hopefully, these will heal well. If not, I'll always be here to help," he said with a warm smile. "And don't feel bad for 'wasting my time.' Before I ended up here, I was a doctor so I dealt with people that had mental illnesses all the time. You aren't alone."

His soft, kind words made me tear up again. Chishiya is the one person who truly cares about me.
"If you ever need help, I'll always be right by your side."
I gave Chishiya a warm smile and told him that I'll be fine.

His words made me feel loved. He nsw me want to push through these hard times. I need to pick myself back up and continue. If not for myself, for Chishiya.

{504 words}

I hope you liked this one shot! As someone who struggled with self harm, this chapter hits home for me. Self harm feels impossible to stop but it will end one day.