Destined to Die [Kyuma x Reader]

[Third person pov]

Kyuma stood on the ground, his feet burning because of the sun but he didn't care. He was patiently waiting for the first set of players to arrive. 
"This is getting boring," Goken whined. 
"Yeah, it is," Maki agreed.
"Be patient," Kyuma's soft voice echoed.
A familiar sound fell on the band members' ears. Players. They all walked out to greet the players. A look of concern crossed the players' faces as they saw Kyuma.  Disbelief washed over Y/N's face. They recognised him.

***
"Hey Kyuma! You were amazing tonight!" Y/N exclaimed.
"I did it all for you," Kyuma whispered into Y/N's ear.
Uta bursts into the room and just starts laughing. Y/N and Kyuma both glanced at each other in confusion. 
"Hurry up and date each other already!" Uta chuckled.
Everyone in the band could see the high tension and chemistry that the two had. Y/N was too naïve to notice that Kyuma was in love. Y/N just stared into Kyuma's eyes and blushed.

After a few hours of getting lost in conversation, Y/N decided that it was the right time to ask a question. A deep one.
"You'll always remember me, right?" 
"Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I will. No matter what," Kyuma responded.
Y/N gave Kyuma a soft smile before leaving the room and Kyuma returned the smile but it was a lot brighter. He could light up the world with his smile.
***

"Kyuma..." Y/N whispered, secretly hoping that he'd notice them. 
He looked at the person and walked up to them. 
"Y/N?" Kyuma asked in a whisper.
"Fuck, it's been forever!" Y/N embraced the man.
Kyuma looked at the ground, knowing that one of them would die. He hugged them as tight as he could. 

"Y-you know him?" Arisu looked afraid.
"We were... good friends and also wore clothes.
Everyone laughed at the joke. Kyuma explained the rules.

Y/N's smile faded when he mentioned that only one team would make it out alive. 
"Okay, let's split the points. Usagi, you can go with Y/N and Kuina will be with me." Arisu commanded the team. 
"Hey Usagi, I have to do something. I'll meet up with you after." Y/N ventured off to find Kyuma. 

"Ah, Y/N! You've come looking for me," Kyuma greeted them. 
"Hehe, yeah I guess. I just wanted to spend this time with you. I missed you beyond your wildest imaginations. My team think that I've gone to do something but I didn't tell them what." They explained. 
"I love you," Kyuma announced. "I would regret it if I didn't tell you."
Tears spilled down Y/N's cheeks. They fell to the ground in defeat. 
"I love you too," they whispered. "But why did you only just tell me now? One of us is going to die..."

"30 minutes  remaining."

The two went out to check the scores. Y/N's team was winning.
"I don't want to live without you." Y/N sobbed.
"Live on for me. Win the games. Do it for me. Promise me." He held out his pinky finger.
Y/N locked fingers with him and Kyuma's team gained 500 points.
"Ha. Classic Kyuma." Your team was still winning.

"5 minutes remaining."

Kyuma and Y/N headed to the king's base. Y/N said goodbye her friends. Tears poured down Y/N's cheeks. They looked away as they heard the laser's striking down on their best friends. 

Everyone in Y/N's team survived and Y/N hugged them all. Tatta noticed Y/N's puffy eyes and red nose and asked if they were okay.
"My best friends all died and one of them confessed his undying love for me. No, I'm not okay." Y/N collapsed into Tatta's weak arms.

All your new friends helped you mourn your old friends. 

"I loved you," Y/N said, thinking of Kyuma.

{601 words}