Life On The Run [Kyuma x Reader]

[Kyuma's POV]
I ran towards the base as soon as I caught a glimpse of them in the distance. I couldn't bear the thought of looking into their eyes. I hated them, but I'm not happy that one of us is going to die. I panted as I held my hand out, ready to touch my base. I sat down in relief as the points were added to my team. We're ahead by 10000 points now.

Y/N looked down at my bare body in horror. I thought that the thoughts of death were filling their head. I managed to curve my lips into a regretful smile before walking back to my base.
"What would you guys do without me?" I smirked.
Uta rolled her eyes in annoyance.
"I was only playing! Why dont you go and chase after Y/N and I'll stay at the base," I commanded lightly.
"Fine, just dont be prick and lose us points," she mumbled as she ran away from the base.

After what felt like hours of sitting in the sun, I saw a shadow run past me.
"We meet again," a familiar voice echoed.
"I will not hesitate to let you die if you come any closer," I shouted as I prepared for the worst.
"Someone's feisty, huh?" Y/N taunts me.
Although I try my best, it's practically impossible to be kind and keep this persona when I'm around them.

Y/N circles around our team's base like some sort of psycho that's trying to make me crack. It's working.
"What do you want?" I call out to them.
"To be your friend in my last dying moments."
I didn't know how to respond. I looked at the timer. 5 minutes remaining. They seemed to be telling the truth. There was no way that their team could catch up to us in five minutes. I had to grant their wish.

"Fine, but tell me why you've taunted me like this for years upon years." Tears well in my eyes as my eyes meet theirs. Their gaze softens. They look away. Then back to me.
"It's a long story," They whisper.
"Longer than five minutes?" I ask, wanting to listen.
"You know the last people that you played against? They were my best friends. And when I saw you in the world before this... you just thought of me as some annoying fan that loved you to no end but that wasn't the case. I cared about you and your music because it allowed me to feel a sense of euphoria for the first time in my life. I wish i could die with no regrets, but I regret not telling you that fact sooner. Maybe I wouldn’t have ended up in the Borderlands, maybe nothing would've changed. But at least I spoke up."
I felt a warm embrace around me for a few seconds, and then they stood back.
"So long, friend..." they said, trying to appear courageous.
"So long..." I responded as the laser came crashing down on them.

At least they could call me a friend.

{515 words}

Sorry for not posting in a while. Depression sucks. I'm feeling a little better now but I still have problems to deal with. :)