Chapter 45

6 months later

I had always dreamed of a large wedding, possibly somewhere in a barn with acres of land and horses scattered through the field. I pictured the colors, the design, everything. It was every girls dream to have a wedding and to plan it was something just as exciting.

And here I was getting ready in a hotel room with my girls and soon meeting Drew down by the beach. We rented a private area and an event planner that helped set up the ceremony part. Some have asked me do I feel rushed with the planning.

I'd like to say yea, but truthfully no, my body has gotten weaker since I found out my cancer is back and only time will tell when I can't fully do things on my own for long. Walking down the aisle was something I needed to do.

Fran, Mads, Maddie, and Elaine where all in there bridesmaids dresses, had the same style as the girls, where it flowed down to the floor elegantly in a nice dusty blue color. But, Frans was strapless whereas the other girls dresses weren't. She had to be slightly different as she was my maid of honor.

I had just finished my hair and makeup, I had it down in beach waves and it was pinned back slightly. My makeup was a natural look, I decided on neutral colors as I never really was big on bold makeup looks.

I got in my mermaid style dress, it was figuring hugging, lace with pearls, off the shoulder but with sleeves that came down slightly over my hands. I took a look in the mirror for a second as the whole room got silent.

I ran my hands down my hips in awe of how I looked. "One last touch for our beautiful bride" Fran said as she placed the vail on my head, while Mads and Maddie pulled on either side setting it perfectly on the floor behind me.

"I haven't seen anything more beautiful" Mads said as she brought her hand to her eyes catching the tears that wanted to fall from her eyes. I turned around as the cameraman continued taking pictures of us.

"How much time do we have before pictures?" I asked as Fran checked her phone. "If we leave now we'd make it just in time" She said as I nodded. Mads held my veil in the back so that it wouldn't drag on the floor on the way down to the lobby.

"Chase just texted me, he said the boys just got to the garden near the beach where we're taking pictures" Maddie said as I nodded holding my bouquet in one hand and phone in the other. We reached the bottom floor and headed into the lobby.

A few people stared and smiled as we walked out of the hotel and onto our private bus. Once we sat down I looked at my three best friends. "Guys I'm getting married" I said as we all laughed. Fran popped open a champagne as she was careful not to get it on anyone.

The short ride was us singing and drinking champagne as we waiting for the bus to stop in front of the garden. We were having a small ceremony and reception with just our close family and friends. I liked it that way anyway, surprisingly.

Our wedding planner Julie emerged from the garden as she waved at all of us. "Shay you look so beautiful oh my god" She said gushing as she gave me a hug. "Okay so here is the plan I will take Shay as she will be doing a first look with the boys, and then as soon as she is done I will come back get you girls to do a first look with Drew. After that, Drew and Shay will do there first look" Julie said as we all nodded following her instructions.

She grabbed a hold of my hand squeezing it a few times as I followed her into the garden. It was arched and beautiful, with vines and all kinds of different colored flowers. We got to the middle where there was a small fountain as I saw all the boys backs towards us. Chase, Rudy, JD, and Austin were mubbling as Julie smiled at me. "Okay stand here" She pointed at a spot in the ground, as I winked at the camera.