Chapter 8: All Drains Lead To The Ocean

The rain was pounding against the street soaking everything including the four teen who were trying to catch Ward Cameron.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ said, "Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto," Pope said, "It allows me to get close images from far away."

"Lord of the dorks," Kie said.

"For a definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass," Pope said.

"Lets just hope they hurry up," Evelyn complained, "I did not sign up to stand in the rain all night."

"There he is," Pope said.

Evelyn looked to see Ward running with a bag in his hand toward the building.

"Yo, get down," JJ said as they hid behind the gate.

"And there's Gavin," Evelyn said.

"Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Pope questioned as he was videoing on his camera.

They two men ran into a building where they couldn't been seen.

"No, no, no, no. I'm losing him," Pope said, "Shit. Where is he going?"

JJ moved from beside Evelyn, "Where are you going?"

She watched as JJ looked around before whistling to get the others attention, "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here."

They followed JJ behind the building as he started climbing up a ladder.

"That'll work," Pope said.

"Hurry. Don't wanna miss anything," Kie said as she started climbing the ladder.

Evelyn let Pope climb up before her since he had the camera to shoot the footage. The four walked to the edge of the building where they had a perfect view of Ward and Gavin.

"You rolling Pope?" JJ asked.

"Are you getting it?" Evelyn asked at the same time.

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them," Pope said.

Evenly did her best to see but could only see a little of the men through the dark and rain.

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag," Pope said.

"Guys I think this is a payoff," JJ said.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward," Pope said.

"Why?" Kie asked.

"Maybe he didn't bring him what he asked for," Evelyn suggested, "We did miss out on part of their conversation."

"I don't know, but he sure looks mad," Pope said.

Evelyn watched as she tried to make out what was going on across the street. It looked like Gavin and Ward were fighting one another.

"Shit. Whoa, whoa, whoa," Pope said.

"What's going on?" Kie asked.

"I dunno. They're fighting over something," Pope said.

"They're really going at it," JJ said.

"Ward is kicking the shit out of Gavin," Pope said.

"Why are they fighting?" Evelyn asked.

"I dont know," Pope said, "I'm trying to see."

"Holy shit. Ward's got a gun," Pope said.

"I bet that's the murder weapon," Kie said.