Chapter 22: Royalty

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Danny," John B said to Pope walking up to the group.

"Uh-huh," JJ smiled.

Evelyn couldn't help but smile seeing the grin on JJ's face.

"Are we in the presence of a royal?" John B asked.

"A king?" JJ joked pretending like he was holding a crown in his hand, "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill!"

"Relax," Pope said.

"We are not worthy," John B said in a funny voice as everyone laughed and bowed down to Pope.

"All right. Everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Pope said.

"Relocate the Cat's Ass question mark?" Sarah asked.

"I'm with that," JJ said.

"How soon can we move it?" Kie asked.

"'Cause I don't have a place to stay," JJ said.

"Me either," Kie commented.

"Me either," Evelyn agreed.

"You can stay with me," JJ smirked throwing his arm over Evelyn's shoulder.

"J you just said you didn't have anywhere to stay either," Evelyn laughed.

"Well with Pope's new found royalty, I don't think that will be a problem," JJ smiled making the girl roll her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," Evelyn said.

JJ pulled her girl closer so that he could whisper in her ear, "Plus I wouldn't mind sleeping next to you every night. That is if we actually got any sleep."

Evelyn tried to hide her face as she blushed. She looked around at her friend thankfully no one had noticed.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent," Pope said scratching his head nervously, "It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it had something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah. Something seems fishy," JJ agreed.

"But if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold," Pope said more enthusiastic.

"Yeah. I'm with that," JJ said.

"And live happily every after?" someone said behind Evelyn.

She turned seeing Limbrey and a man walk up. Evelyn instinctively moved closer to JJ away from the man. He really creeped her out.

"You assaulted my father," Pope said walking toward the woman but being stopped.

"Oh, I didn't assault anybody," Carla said and the man pushed Pope backward.

"He can identify the psycho from a mile away," Kie said.

"Why would my employee a...a...assault your father?" Limbrey asked, "That's absurd."

Evelyn glanced up and John B and JJ who were giving each other a look.

"Listen, we can keep on negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key," Limbrey said as her employee grabbed ahold of Pope.

"Hey!" Kie said.

"Easy!" JJ said stepping behind Pope.

"And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either," Limbrey said.

"It's Limbrey, right?" John B asked.

Evelyn looked toward the boy and furrowed her brow seeing a key in his hand. What was he doing? She quickly wiped away the confusion on her face before Limbrey turned to look at her.