Chapter 15: We're Married

"Anybody else starving?" JJ asked, "We need to grab some sort of breakfast."

John B pulled the boat up to a dock and they all decided that the girls would go look for food.

"We're gonna find some food," Sarah said climb off of the boat.

"Don't do anything stupid while we're gone," Evelyn said looking back at the boys.

"Can't promise anything," JJ said.

The girls started walking through the woods in search of something to eat.

"So," Sarah said, "Catch me up on what's happened since I've been gone."

"Not much," Evelyn said making Kie laugh, "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you of all people have had a lot going on," Kie said.

"Please do tell," Sarah said.

"Well," Evelyn said trying to figure out what to say.

Last Sarah had known Evelyn was trying to work on things with JJ. Since she'd been gone Evelyn had slept with Topper, ruined her friendship with JJ to the point he didn't even want to speak to her, they were finally friends again, and she didn't know where the hell she stood with Topper.

"Things have been...complicated," Evelyn said.

"I don't even know if complicated covers it," Kie laughed.

"Oh like you're one to talk," Evelyn said.

"What's going on with you?" Sarah asked looking at Kie.

"Now that's complicated," Kie nervous laughed.

"Oh come on guys, I die and now it's like we aren't even friends," Sarah joked.

"Ugh!" Kie said, "Jackpot!"

Evelyn turned to see Kie holding up at watermelon above her head.

"Finally," Evelyn said.

The girl broke apart the watermelon and sat down to eat some of it before going back.

"So are you guys going to tell me what's been going on or what?" Sarah asked.

Evelyn looked toward Kie. Frankly, she was kind of scared of Sarah's reaction to her sleeping with Topper. Sure they weren't together anymore but it still scared her.

"I slept with Topper," Evelyn said quickly making Sarah choke on her watermelon.

"You did what?" Sarah asked.

"I sort of slept with Topper," Evelyn said again.

"How? When? Why?" Sarah asked.

"Sarah if you don't know how I really don't want to be the one to explain it to you," Evelyn joked.

"You know what I meant!" Sarah said.

"Well it was the night we thought you and John B were dead. I went home with Topper because my parents were still gone. He was just so sweet and caring and I had so many emotions running through my mind. I just wanted to do something to not think about you and John B being gone," Evelyn said.

"But I thought you sorta had a thing with JJ?" Sarah asked, "What did he think?"

"Yeah...telling him didn't go well," Evelyn said, "He didn't talk to me for awhile. We actually just made up after Kie and I almost drown in the drain."

"You guys almost drown?" Sarah asked

"You really have missed at lot," Kie said patting Sarah's shoulder.