Relapse

Adrien awoke the next morning, unable to move. Marinette's whole body was wrapped around him. He tried to reposition his arm out of her death grip without waking her but failed.

"Are you trying to leave me, Blondie?"

"That would be the last thing I'd want to do right now."

He smiled and kissed her forehead, making her blush.

But he couldn't help to think that it was odd. Marinette acted normal when it was only him and her. Only around Lorenzo did she clam up and act on edge.

"I know I've said this a thousand times already but... I really missed you."

Adrien tightened his grip around Marinette with a smile.

"And I missed you too. You know, you should call Sabine and Tom. They were really worried about you."

"Oh, speaking of them. Where were they yesterday?"

"They're on a trip. I can't remember where they said they were going though. They should be back soon."

"I wouldn't want to disturb them."

"I think they'd be happy to hear from you."

"You think so?"

Adrien nodded as Marinette rolled over onto her back, laying on Adrien's chest.

"I will call them later, then. Right now I'd rather be here."

She picked his hand up, tracing over the lines on his palm. She stopped at his finger and then glanced to his other hand.

"Your... ring. Where is it?"

She looked up at Adrien with wide eyes.

"It's on your desk in your room."

"Why?"

"Every time I looked down and saw it, I thought of you. I didn't feel worthy enough for it after you left. A piece of me was missing. Not only was you gone, but Ladybug was also gone."

"That's not true! Alya has the miraculous."

"It hasn't been used since you left, that I know of."

"How come?"

"Well, Hawkmoth is dead so no more akumas and Alya... she's unable to do anything at the moment."

"She's unable to do anything? What happened?"

Adrien sighed and opened his mouth to answer but his phone chimed, catching his attention.
He reached over and picked it up, squinting his eyes as the bright light hit his face.

Nino:
'Dude, you off today? We came by the bakery and all the lights were off. Alya wants her macarons.'

"Speak of the devil."

He smiled as Marinette peeked over at the screen.

"Aw, they're still together?"

"Yeah, they're actually married now."

"Seriously?! We should meet them somewhere! I'd love to catch up with them."

A light pink blush dusted over her cheeks as she smiled excitedly.

"I'll ask and see if they want to."

Adrien:
'Something came up and I wasn't able to go in today. Do you guys want to meet me for lunch?'

Nino:
'You mean, you actually have free time? Heck, yeah dude!"

Adrien rolled his eyes as he put the phone back on the nightstand as Marinette squirmed out of his arms.