Stayin' Alive

"Marinette! You in there?"

The bathroom door rattled as the girl banged her fist against it.

"Marinette!"

Still, no answer.

A weird feeling crept into the girls stomach or... was that the baby kicking?

She couldn't tell.

The bathroom light was on and the door was locked so, someone had to be in there.

Alya wanted to spend the day with Marinette but when she didn't pick up her calls or answer her text, she got worried.

First, she called Adrien. She'd hoped that she was with him but when he told her she wasn't, she panicked. Being pregnant really took a toll on her emotions even though Adrien had told her that Marinette was probably just busy. But in all honesty, Adrien was freaking out when he couldn't get in touch with her either. He didn't want to worry Alya though. He didn't want to stress her and the baby out so he was on his way to the bakery but unfortunately, Alya got there first. Nino waited in the car for her.

She put her ear against the door, listening for any type of sound but she heard nothing.

No water running, no movement, nothing.

She pulled her phone out, smashing her finger against Nino's contact on the screen. It didn't take him long to answer.

"Did you find-"

"I need you to break a door down."

"What?"

"Just hurry!"

Nino sighed as the line went dead. He was used to Alya overreacting, especially since she got pregnant. He shut the car door behind him as he got out. When he got to her room, he could see the panic written across Alya's face.

"Is she in there?"

"I- I don't know... I think something's wrong though."

Nino gently pushed Alya back as he slammed his shoulder into the door. The hinges cracked but it didn't come open.

"Try again!"

Nino nodded and slammed his shoulder into the door again, catching it before it could fall. As soon as it broke, Adrien walked in.

"W-Whats going on?!"

Alya's attention was grabbed by Adrien's entrance but Adrien looked dead at Nino who was focused on whatever was in the bathroom. He could see his face pale and he knew it must've been something bad. He'd never seen Nino look that horrified before.

"Get Alya downstairs. Call the ambulance."

Nino's voice was a forced calm tone. It was so calm, it terrified Adrien. The blonde grabbed the girls shoulders before she could turn around to look behind her. He did as Nino said.

"What happened? Nino! Adrien, let me go!"

"No, come on."

He pulled her downstairs as Nino rushed into the bathroom, trying to see if the poor girl was still alive.

"Adrien!"

Alya stiffened up as Adrien let her hand go.

"What on earth happened?"

"I don't know I- I didn't see anything."

Alya turned to go back upstairs but Adrien put his hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"You don't need to stress the baby. If it's something bad, you probably don't need to see it. I'll go check on her but here's my phone, go ahead and call for help."