Epilogue

• Two Years Later •

Marinette took a deep breath as she looked in the mirror. She had dreamed about this day since she was 14 years old. The long dress that she finished two days ago fit perfectly around her figure. The pink flowers that were stitched into the lace made the dress nearly perfect. Her long, dark hair was braided back with small pink flowers weaved between each braided strand.

"You look beautiful, dear." Sabine smiled softly as she watched her daughter check herself over in the mirror. "Merci, maman. I'm just nervous. I played this whole thing out in my head before but..." Sabine put her hand on her daughters shoulder. "But it's actually happening now." Marinette nodded and turned to face her mom. "Don't be nervous, dear! You look beautiful." Marinette looked down and smiled. "Thanks, maman. I do hope you're right."

Sabine gasped and reached into her pocket. "I almost forgot something! Here, I thought you might want this." Sabine pulled out a necklace with a small sewing charm with diamonds around it. "You kept it?! I thought I lost it when I went to New York." Sabine shook her head and motioned for Marinette to let her put it on. "I found it in one of your coat pockets when I was washing it. Don't worry, I kept it safe for you."

"Adrien got me this on our first date. Well... we were supposedly just friends then but..." Marinette smiled at the thought and hugged her maman tightly. "Thanks, I can use it as a lucky charm. I'll need it today." Sabine nodded as Alya cracked the door open. "Girl, are you ready? It's almost time!"

Marinette took in a breath and nodded. "I'm ready." Sabine left the room to go find her seat as Marinette prepared herself one last time before going to stand at the two large doors that would soon be opened to reveal her soon-to-be-husband at the other end.

The music started and finally it was time. The doors opened as Marinette clutched the bouquet of flowers to her chest. Her face reddened at the sudden turn of attention. Tom stood by her side, trying not to get emotional as she looped her arm around his and started to walk down the long isle.

When the ceremony was over, everyone gathered around in the banquet hall. Nino stood up and cleared his throat after everyone was seated.

"I wanted to start off by congratulating my dude, Adrien and his new wife, Marinette. I've known both of you guys since like, high school and I always knew this day would come eventually. I'll never forget about our high school reunion when you drank a few too many drinks and asked Marinette to marry you. The next day you called me freaking out because she was wearing the ring you were going to surprise her with. I remember you telling me that you took the ring off while she was asleep and prayed she wouldn't remember only to ask her to marry you again a few days later."

Adrien's cheeks dusted pink as he shook his face in embarrassment as Nino continued. "Sadly, she remembered everything and couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. It was hilarious. Something I will never forget." Everyone laughed as Nino sat down. Aloïs ran up to Marinette and Adrien with a big grin on his little chubby face. "Auntie! Uncle!" He reached out for the bluenette to take him. He sat in her lap as he pointed at his shirt. "Look what mama and daddy got me! It matches Uncle Adrien's shirt! See?" He looked down at his dark green button up shirt and then at Adrien's. Marinette smiled widely and nodded. "Wow! You look very handsome!"

"You really think so?!" Marinette nodded, making him smile even wider. "I'm going to tell mama and daddy you said so!" He jumped down and ran back over to Alya and Nino. "He's got a lot of energy for a three year old." Adrien nodded and put his hand in Marinette's. "And a big vocabulary. There's not a lot of kids who are talking in complete sentences at his age."

After the reception, the newly wed couple made their way around to everyone's tables. Tom and Sabine both stood up when they reached them. Sabine wrapped her arms around her daughter and Tom wrapped his arms around his new son in law. "It's nice to finally... be apart of the f-family!" Adrien managed to get the words out as Tom finally let go. "What do you mean? You joined our family a long time ago, son." Adrien smiled widely as he hugged Tom again. "Thank you for showing me how a real father should be."

"I can't believe that you are all grown up now. You'll be starting your own family and..." Sabine started to tear up as Marinette pulled her mom into another hug as Sabine continued, "I'm just so proud of you!"

Marinette glanced over her mom's shoulder, seeing Emilie behind them with a smile. "Maman, I'll be right back." She smiled at Sabine before pulling away and making her way over to Emilie.

"You are gorgeous, Marinette. I'm so happy that I got to attend the wedding. I'm forever grateful for you, especially after..." her voice trailed off as she referred to Gabriel. Marinette only nodded, she understood what she was trying to say. "Anyways, if you or Adrien ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. You're like a daughter to me."

"Thank you, Emilie. That means a lot to me." Emilie smiled and gave Marinette a hug before pulling away again.

When Adrien and Marinette finished speaking to everyone and after they said their goodbyes, they got into the car that waited outside for them to take them to the airport. They both agreed to go someplace random that they'd never been before so, they were on their way to Isle Holbox, Mexico for their two week honeymoon. As the car pulled away, Marinette couldn't help but look back at everyone.

She still couldn't believe that her lifelong dreams were finally coming true and she couldn't wait to start the next chapters of their lives together.