Reunited

Alya and Nino sat at a booth in the small restaurant. Alya was hunched over Nino's arm as they both played a game on his phone.

Marinette walked behind Adrien nervously as they came in. She peaked around him, seeing the two and jerked back over.

"I don't think I can do this..."

Adrien turned around to face her with a frown but his face softened when he saw how distraught she looked.

"Why not?"

"What if she's mad at me for not talking to her? What if she hates me and..."

Marinette tried to catch her breath as she started to hyperventilate.

"Mari, look at me."

Adrien gently placed his hand on her shoulder as she looked up at him, regaining herself.

"I doubt she'll be mad. Just explain to her what happened. I'm sure she'll understand."

"But-"

"No "buts," come on."

She hid behind him again as he held his hand out behind him for her to hold. She gently placed her hand in his as he guided her over.

"Adrien! Dude! What's up?!"

Nino put his phone away as he turned to the blonde.

"Hm. Same as always I suppose?"

Adrien held a toothy grin as he gave Marinette's hand a squeeze of reassurance before letting it go.

"You seem... happy today. Did something happen, dude?"

Alya pointed her finger towards Adrien with a frown. The next words out of her mouth was a growl through her teeth.

"If the next words out of your mouth are, 'I think I found someone else,' I will personally climb over this table and strangle you."

Nino elbowed Alya in the arm gently, rolling his eyes.

Adrien only smiled and looked down.

"You're not saying anything. This is about a girl, isn't it? Adrien Émile Gabriel Donatien Athanase Agreste, so help me-"

Nino's eyes widened when she used Adrien's full name. He knew she meant business.

"Okay-Okay, no. I didn't find anyone else, nor do I want to, but..."

"But, what?"

"Someone found me."

He slowly moved over, revealing the nervous girl that was once behind him. Her cheeks grew red as she held up a hand in a wave. She tried opening her mouth but the words wouldn't come out.

"M-Marinette?"

Alya practically shoved Nino out of the seat. He caught his balance before he could fall and straightened himself up as Alya wrapped Marinette into a hug.

When she finally pulled away, Marinette could see the mascara that had started to streak down her face.

"Don't c-cry!"

"I'm sorry! I'm just a little emotional right now!"

Alya wiped her face and yanked Marinette into another hug.

"Don't ever do that again, you hear me? I missed you so much. Where have you been? Why haven't you texted me, or anyone for that matter? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but you, you're..."

Marinette wiggled herself away as she took in Alya's entire appearance.