Void

Adrien and Marinette walked down the streets of Paris after they parted ways with Alya. The blue haired girl sipped on her drink but stopped suddenly when a familiar brunette caught her eye. Her face paled and her drink hit the pavement as she started to hyperventilate.

"Mari, what's wrong?"

Adrien stepped in front of her, trying to calm her down but when she looked over his shoulder, the girl was gone.

"L-Lila... I thought I saw Lila"

She pointed in the direction that she thought she saw her. Adrien turned around, glancing in every direction but didn't see her.

"She's... not there."

Marinette shook her head as she started to calm down a little.

'My mind must be playing tricks on me.'

She took in a shaky breath and someone tapped her shoulder from behind, making her jump.

"S-Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. How are you guys doing?"

Adrien deadpanned.

"What're you doing here?"

"I was in town and saw you guys. Just wanted to say hey."

"We were just leaving, actually."

Adrien grabbed Marinette's hand and started to pull her away. Lorenzo glanced down at the wet pavement and the empty cup that laid on the ground.

"Is everything... okay?"

"I thought I saw that girl I told you about a while back. It just brung back some memories, I guess."

"Lila?"

"Y-Yeah. Lila."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Lorenzo frowned and picked up the empty cup.

"I'll throw this away for you."

"Thanks..."

Lorenzo only smiled and nodded his head.

"I'll see you guys later, oui?"

"Sure."

Adrien tugged on Marinette's hand as they started walking again.

-

It was almost dark when they arrived back at the bakery. Adrien turned to Marinette with a smile.

"Want to come in?"

"I would love to but, my mother wants me to have dinner with her tonight. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

Marinette frowned and looked down.

"O-Oh. Okay."

Adrien leaned down, pulling her into a kiss. He finally broke away to take a breath.

"I can come over after dinner, if you want?"

"Sure! That would be wonderful!"

Her cheeks flushed pink as he leaned down again, his lips colliding with hers for a brief moment.

"Alright, I'll see you later then."

He smiled as she unlocked the door to the bakery, stepping inside.

"I love you, minou."

"I love you too, bugaboo."

He winked at her, making her heart flutter. Sometimes she forgot that him and Chat Noir were the same person.

Speaking of Chat Noir, she wouldn't mind him showing up in his tight black leather suit. She wondered how he would look now that his body matured up....

'No, Marinette. Stop thinking inappropriate thoughts about him right now. It is not the time.'

She didn't realize she was spacing out until Adrien waved his hand in front of her face. She jumped a little, looking up at him.

"Earth to Marinette, do you copy?"

He laughed, making her face turn red.

"Sorry! I was lost in thought for a moment."

"Oh? Thinking about me?"

Her face only grew redder, making Adrien smile devilishly. He took that as a, 'yes.'

"I don't have to be there for another hour if-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Marinette grabbed the collar of his shirt, yanking him inside and locking the bakery door.

-

"Nooroo, dark wings rise."

A flash of purple reflected off of the glass in front of the brown haired girl as she transformed.

She closed her eyes, focusing on the minds of the people of Paris.

The corners of her lips turned up as she found a victim.

A girl whose mother had just passed away, leaving her behind. She felt empty. She felt numb.

"Void, I am Farfalla. I am giving you the power to turn anything, to nothing so everyone can feel the pain you felt when your mother died. In return, I want you to bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous."

"Gladly."

-

Marinette watched as Adrien pulled his shirt on.

"You'll come back after, right?"

"Of course I will. I'll talk to her about your return as well."

Marinette smiled and pulled the blankets to her chin.

"Thank you."

Once Adrien pulled his pants and shoes on, he gave Marinette a quick kiss and left.

She laid in bed for a few moments before climbing out and putting her own clothes on.

She went to the bathroom and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Marinette couldn't figure out why Adrien waited for her after all this time. Lorenzo said he wouldn't... Lorenzo said she should just break up with him and end things before she got hurt even more.

But Lorenzo was wrong.

She pressed the palms of her hands on the cold marble counter and sighed. She glanced down at her wrists. Adrien still hadn't seen them yet, thank goodness. He would probably get mad at her if he saw them.

Her phone screen lit up the dark bedroom with a chime, gaining her attention. She turned the bathroom light off and went back to the bed, sitting on the edge.

It was from an unknown number.

She opened the message as her breath caught in her throat. She felt sick as she stared at the image on the screen. She felt like her heart was shattered.

But then something else caught her eye, outside of her balcony window.

But when she looked out, she saw nothing.

A purple outlined the victims face.

"Void, new plan. Take this to Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

A paper appeared in front of Void as she gladly took it.