Her

Adrien constantly glanced down at his watch. He only had 30 more minutes until he could go home.

He pushed the broom along the floor and then wiped some of the tables down. When he finished that, he started prepping for the next day.

Glancing down again, his watch read 4:50pm. He only had 10 more minutes. He leaned across the table after he finished prepping and stared at his watch as the time slowly passed by.

All he had left to do was hang his apron up and pack up the left over pastries to drop off at a nearby donating center. That was, if no one else came in.

5 more minutes.

He glanced from his watch to the door, hoping and praying no one would come in.

4 more minutes.

Time was passing by so slow. He groaned, leaning over the counter again. He felt miserable.

3 more minutes.

Ding!

He internally screamed.

The bell of the bakery door gave a soft chime as Adrien cleared his throat.

"Welcome to Tom and Sabine's Boulan-"

Adrien's words immediately caught in his throat when he looked up to see who the culprit was that decided to come in three minutes before closing time. His jaw nearly hit the floor.

It had been five years since he last saw her.

Five years since she stopped all contact with everyone.

Now here she was, standing right in front of him with a shy smile and rosey red cheeks.

"Hi, Adrien."

Adrien's body was nearly frozen. All he could do was stare at the blue haired girl that stood in front of him like an idiot.

Was he seeing things?

Was the alcohol still messing with him?

She stepped closer to the counter, making him take a few steps back. She looked a lot different since the last time he saw her.

Her hair had grown out, no longer in the short pigtails and the light pink dress she wore, fit perfectly around her hour glass figure.

"It's... you. It's really... you."

She nodded and he could've sworn he saw a hint of confusion there.

He finally snapped back to reality, realizing that she was actually standing in front of him and it wasn't his mind playing tricks on him.

He ran around the counter and wrapped his arms around her. He felt like he was going to faint when his body touched hers.

She was real.

He buried his face into her shoulder as she hugged him back.

But something felt off to him.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here."

Adrien slightly pulled back so he could see her face as she whispered quietly with a shaky voice. He could barely hear her French accent as her voice gave off a more American accent now.

Had it really been that long?

"W-What do you mean? I told you that I'd help your parents and I'd wait for you no matter how long it took."

"I guess, I just thought..."

Her sentence was cut short as the bakery bell chimed again.

"Marinette, I-"