Animosity

Marinette felt like she was being blinded as she tried to force her eyes open. She could hear the faint beeping of a machine above her head.

When she finally managed to fully open her eyes, she glanced around the small room. She frowned when she realized she wasn't home.

She glanced over at the blonde that had fallen asleep next to her. The warmth of his hand in hers made her smile until she remembered why she was there in the first place.

Her body was extremely weak but she managed to push Adrien over, making him fall off of the bed and onto the floor with a thud.

He instantly sat up, rubbing his head as he looked up at the girl who had forced herself up, in a sitting position. She crossed her arms, as her face filled with disappointment, anger, and sadness.

"Mari!"

He quickly stood and tried to wrap his arms around her to give her a hug but she tensed, making him pull back.

"So, that's really how you think of me?"

"W-What?"

"You think you can just go and have a date with someone else after sleeping with me? Do you think that lowly of me? That I'm just another slut you can fuck around with?!"

Marinette scoffed, shaking her head.

Adrien's eyes widened at her choice of words. He'd never heard her curse before and it oddly bothered him.

"Mari, that wasn't me."

"You're joking, right? Because-"

The door swung open before she could finish her sentence. Lorenzo bolted through the room and to the side of her bed.

"Marinette! I heard what happened, are you okay?"

He pushed Adrien away from her, shooting him a glare as he sat on the bed beside her.

"Fine, just tired. I- I think I'm going to sleep for a while."

Marinette laid back down, turning her back towards the two. Lorenzo turned to Adrien with a smirk.

"You can leave now, she said she's tired, in case you didn't hear her. Addio, biondina!"

Adrien's blood was starting to boil. He was so fed up with Lorenzo.

"Um, no. I'm pretty sure she wants you to leave."

"Yeah right, you're the one who put her here."

"Tais-toi, balai de chiotte!"

"Enough! I want you both out."

The two boys looked at Marinette with the same annoyed expression. She closed her eyes tightly, speaking up again.

"Aller!"

"B-But-"

"Maintenant!"

They both sighed and left the room. When they got to the waiting room, Adrien took a seat on the other side of Alya and Lorenzo sat on the other side of Nino.

"How is she?"

"She's awake but-"

"But she's stressed because of that dumskalle."

Nino glanced back and forth from Adrien to Lorenzo with confusion. Adrien growled when Lorenzo insulted him again and stood up.

"I'm going outside. If anything happens, call me."

He angrily went to the elevator and pressed the button.

Alya and Nino shared glances before the brunette got up and sighed.