The Plan

The next day, Nino sat with his head down, peaking out from under his hat at the people that passed by. It was nearly lunch time and he'd been there since early that morning. He was given a task that he couldn't mess up because his friend's relationship nearly depended on it. He was to follow Lorenzo after he left the hospital to see if he could find out anything about him.

He glanced around cautiously, hoping he wouldn't have to be there much longer. A few more minutes went by before he heard the familiar voice, talking on a phone. Looking up through the dark sunglasses, he smiled seeing Lorenzo. He waited a bit until he passed to get up and follow him.

Nino kept his pace up behind him as Lorenzo went into a small building. Nino waited outside behind a tree so he wouldn't see him when he came out. He looked up at the sign and furrowed his eyebrows, pulling his phone out.

Nino:
He's at a woman's clothing store.

Alya:
Possibly for his sister?

Nino squinted his eyes, trying to see through the windows but it was nearly impossible. All he could see was mannequins.

He looked down at his phone again, checking the time when someone caught his eye. They were walking out of the store and Nino's face turned to disgust.

'What is she doing here?'

He thought to himself, watching the girl walk out. He remembered that Adrien said that Lorenzo had a sister, could it be her?

It would make sense since they acted about the same. He watched as the brunette threw her bag over her shoulder and walked away proudly.

Nino slipped into the store, taking in his surroundings so he could spot Lorenzo before he spotted Nino first.

"Good morning! Is there anything I can help you find?"

Nino turned around, finding a young girl behind him.

"Uh- no, actually I was just looking for someone."

"Well, I don't think the person you're looking for is here. The last customer just left."

Nino tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh, I'm sorry for bothering you then."

"No! None of our customers are bothers."

Nino smiled and turned to leave.

"Right. I'll be going now, merci beaucoup."

"Bien sûr"

Nino walked out of the small shop completely dumbfounded. Had Lorenzo left and he didn't see him?

Nino:
Followed him but lost him. I did see an old classmate, though.

Alya:
Seriously? I don't care about the classmate. I just want to know what he's hiding.

Nino:
I managed to take a picture of him but it's a little blurry.

Alya:
Okay, just come back home. I'll look at what you got.

Nino pulled his sunglasses off and put his regular glasses back on, heading to the apartment that him and Alya shared.

Nino sat at the kitchen table with a can of soda as Alya studied the picture.

"You've been staring at the same thing for hours. It's literally just a blurry picture."

"Yeah, I noticed."

Alya pinched the bridge of her nose, shutting her eyes tightly as she thought.

"Max. Nino, does Max still live in Paris?"