Uneasy

Alya paced the floor, stopping every few minutes to regain herself. She hadn't heard from Nino in hours. She pulled her phone back out and checked to see if he messaged her but there was nothing.

She dropped her phone and grabbed her stomach, groaning in agony. The prodromal pains were really bad today. They seemed to be coming in a pattern which was a bit unusual. When the pain finally passed, she tried to bend down to grab her phone from the floor but was unsuccessful. She sighed in frustration, rolling her eyes. Pregnancy was nice but there were a lot of negative things that came along with it.

Adrien raced out the doors of the hospital and looked around for Lorenzo. There were so many people it was hard to spot him. The blonde groaned and started back in until an uneasy feeling crept into his chest. Something seemed off. He glanced up to Marinette's hospital room window but didn't see anything.

He started to go back into the hospital until the same uneasy feeling hit him again, causing him to race back to Marinette's room in hopes that nothing happened to her.

"I honestly don't know what to do with you now."

"Dude, just let me go. You have my phone, you have the proof. You win. Is that what you want?"

"Not exactly. You see, I want to ruin Marinette's life, just as she ruined mine. If I let you go, you'll get in the way again."

"She didn't do anything to you! You're the one that ruined her life in school!"

"Everyone seems to think that but she's a liar! She deserved that. She only caused me misery and heartache."

"Heartache? What are you talking about?"

"Adrien. He was supposed to be mine."

"Yeah right. Like he'd ever want you."

Nino felt his face sting as her hand collided against his cheek.

"You know nothing! He just felt sorry for that... for that piece of trash!"

"Look dudette, I gotta get back to my wife. She's probably freaking out right now because I'm not home. I won't say a word to anyone if you just-"

"No! I'm not letting you go. I'm going to take everyone and everything away from her, starting with you."

Nino sighed, his shoulders slumping down in defeat.

"I really don't have time for this, I have other things I need to take care of. What if Alya goes into labor while I'm here from worrying so much?"

The girls lips curled up, a new idea coming to her evil and twisted mind.

When Adrien got to the room, a sigh of relief hit him when he saw that Marinette was alright. She gave him a confused and worried look when she saw how frantic he looked.

"Everything okay?"

"Fine, just..."

There it was again. The uneasy feeling.

"Actually, I need to call Nino."

"O-Okay?"

Adrien smiled and stepped back out of the room, pulling his phone from his pocket.

If the bad feeling wasn't because of Marinette, it could mean three things.

One, something happened to Alya. She was number one because she was pregnant and looked like she was literally about to pop any day now.

Two, something happened to Nino. That was highly unlikely but still a possibility.

Or three, his uneasy feeling was simply just wrong.

He decided to call Nino first but when there wasn't an answer, he started to panic.

So he decided to call Alya next. But again, no answer.

'Okay, Agreste. Something is definitely wrong here.'

He sent a quick text to Marinette explaining why he had to go as he slid into his car and turned the key.

"Oh, look here. Your bestie is calling you."

The girl smirked, holding up the phone to Nino's face. He squinted his eyes at the bright light from the phone.

"I suppose they do actually care about you."

"Huh, yeah. Something you lack of."

"What's that?"

"Friends. People who care. You don't have any of those, do you?"

"It doesn't matter! I have more friends than you think!"

"Who? Ladybug? The girl you swore was your best friend. The girl you swore you hung out with after school everyday?"

"No!"

"Then who? Your pretend friends? The ones you made up-"

"Enough! I'm really getting tired of hearing your stupid voice."

"Then let me go."

"No."

"You know what I think? You're jealous of Marinette. She has more friends than you, her parents care about her and she also has Adrien. You'll never have any of those things."

The brunette clenched her hands into fists at her side as she turned her back to the boy. Her face heated up as the anger boiled inside of her.

"You don't know anything."

"Really? I know more than you think. Marinette had Gabriel's miraculous after he died. Now you have it? You obviously broke into her home at some point and got it. But you know what's even crazier? The cat miraculous was sitting right next to it. So I know for a fact you don't want the other miraculous's. What's your plan, Lie-la?"

"You know what? Fine. I will let you go. Under one condition."

•••

Hey guys! Super sorry for the late updates, I recently had to get a new phone because my old one woke up one day and decided it was done with life and went bloop.

Anyways, updates should come more frequently now! <3