Chapter 4: Just looking

Since his release from prison, Zac worked tirelessly for Rafael and the Madrazos using his skills to come up with creative solutions to their money laundering problem, making legitimate investments with their profits and growing their legitimate businesses. His responsibilities included managing the organization's finances, including cash flow, and investments, overseeing the distribution of funds to various members and departments within the organization, as well as managing the organization's assets.

Due to the nature of his work, he had to develop and implement financial strategies to maximize profits, while minimizing risk and ensuring the long-term viability of the organization which meant identifying new revenue streams. He used shell corporations to hold bank accounts and investments, which allowed greater anonymity as the owner's name was not associated with them. This helped with privacy and shielded them from legal liability. He also used shell corporations for tax planning purposes where they had to pay taxes on their profits.

To maintain discretion and sophistication in his strategy he set up offshore accounts in the Caymans for further privacy, to reduce their tax liabilities due to the tax exemptions in the Caymans, protect their assets from seizure and diversify their investments through a wider range of investment opportunities. The diversification of their investments included investing in foreign stocks and bonds, holding foreign currencies to hedge against currency fluctuations, investing in foreign real estate and participating in offshore investment funds

For the most part, Zac kept a low profile, focusing on his work pouring over financial reports and analysing market trends. In the time since he'd been employed, the Madrazo's and Rafael's net worth had doubled and no one suspected a thing. Zac had become an indispensable part of the organization, and he knew that he was valued and respected by Rafael and the other members of the family and was rewarded with access to all of its resources.

Those resources included gaining access to some of the wealthiest and most influential people in the world. He couldn't deny the thrill of rubbing shoulders with some of the elite, the most powerful and influential people in the country. He attended exclusive parties and events and made connections with politicians, business leaders, and even celebrities, and leveraged those for himself.

Zac found himself making more money than he ever had before so he started his own financial consulting firm, where he used his expert knowledge to help his new clients build and protect their wealth which included high net worth individuals and black-owned businesses. He knew how to navigate complex financial systems and move money around in a way that was discreet, untraceable and most importantly profitable.

As Zac's financial consulting firm grew, he started to attract the attention of larger companies and organizations. He began working with non-profits, helping them manage their finances and allocate their resources more efficiently. He also started to work with corporations, advising them on their investments and financial strategies.

But even as his career took off, Zac never forgot where he came from and remained level-headed. He made a point to give back to his community, donating time and money to organizations that helped young people stay out of the kind of trouble he had found himself in growing up.

Despite his success, Zac never forgot the risks and dangers that came with his work. He always made sure to keep a low profile, avoiding the kind of attention that could draw unwanted attention. Over time Zac and Rafael also grew to become friends through mutual trust and respect with Rafael recommending clients to Zac.

He was currently in his office with a view of the city skyline, digging into the background of a potential client recommended by his friend. The client was a strip club called Eden and the owner was looking into expansion avenues and this is where his expertise was required. This was not his usual clientele but as a favour to Rafael, Zac had promised to take a look at the business and he was waiting for Rafael so they could go and meet the owner.