Chapter 33: Practice makes perfect

Zac grinned as Fatima sauntered into the living room, admiring her figure. "Hmm, wifey look at you looking thicka than a snicker. Give me a kiss" he said, pulling her close.

After pulling away, Fatima noticed two men standing behind Zac. "Uhm, baby, who are these people in my house?" she asked, her gaze lingering on the unfamiliar faces.

"Oh, right. T, this is your new security team. That's Jason and that's Andrew," he said, pointing to the men. "Fellas, this is wifey. You already know wassup."

"So you were serious about that?" Fatima asked, eyeing the security team skeptically.

At the same time, Jason and Andrew replied, "Nice to meet you, Ms. Wilson."

"Girl, you know damn well I wasn't playing about that," Zac said with a laugh, wrapping his arms around Fatima's waist.

With a laugh she wrapped her arms around his neck, "Relax, I'm not arguing I was just making sure," she replied with a smile, leaning in for a kiss. "I told you I'm done trying this my way,"

"Good to know. What you got going today?" he asked her

"I have a couple of stuff to look into and I also need to speak to my parents and uncle James," Fatima said, making her way towards the door.

"I'll let you get to that. Have a great day, I love you." he said, slapping her ass playfully as she walked away.

"I love you too," she called over her shoulder, laughing at her fiancé's antics. Fiancé had a nice ring to it she thought.

When they left the penthouse Fatima and her security team headed over to Eden she wanted to talk to her parents with Madam present.

"Wassup, Tima?" Madam greeted her with a grin. "Now, who are these people?" she asked, pointing to the two bodyguards.

"Hey Mar, that's thing 1 and thing 2," Fatima said with a smirk, pointing to Jason and Andrew. "My new security team per my very protective husband-to-be," she said, flashing the ring on her finger.

"About fucking time," Madam said, taking Fatima's hand and admiring the ring as if she hadn't seen it already.

Fatima rolled her eyes, "Don't try me Mar, how could you know all this time and not tell me?"

"Girl please I almost told you when your stubborn ass dumped him over those pictures," Madam said with a laugh.

"Wait is that when this was supposed to happen? That's what y'all were doing that week?" Fatima asked connecting the dots, "What the hell Mar, I could have been engaged this whole time,"

"All that matters is he put a ring on it. Now I just have to make sure we get you to that alter asap before you do something to ruin it," Madam said rolling her eyes.

"Ha fucking ha," Fatima said not impressed but she couldn't supress the small smile playing on her lips, "Who knew you were such a romantic," she said teasing her cousin.

"Shut the fuck up," Madam said feigning annoyance.

"Whatever you say Marilyn," Fatima said knowing it would actually annoy her cousin to call her by her full name.

"Is there a reason you're bothering me?" Madam asked.

"There is actually. I need you to go with me to the parents to tell them about everything that happened with Franklin," Fatima said.

"Are you sure you want to do that? I mean Zac and I can take care of that," Madam offered.

"I'm sure," Fatima said, "Side note can I just say I'm loving this Earp and Holiday routine you and Zac have going. You should take it on the road," she finished feigning sarcasm even though deep down she was thrilled her man and her cousin were close.