Chapter 23: In sickness

Fatima and Madam walked into Andi's apartment, eager to catch up with their friend. They hadn't seen her since she was discharged from the hospital a few days earlier and they had a lot to talk about.

"We come bearing gifts," Fatima announced, setting down the "rest, relax, recover" care package they had bought for Andi. The package was filled with bath soak, artisan soap, body scrub, and scented candles, all aimed at helping Andi relax and recover.

"Thank you," Andi said gratefully. "And I really can't thank you and Zac enough for coming to find me when you did. I don't know what would have happened to me if you hadn't come."

"Girl, you know we got your back, always," Fatima said, squeezing Andi's arm.

"How are you feeling?" Madam asked taking a seat on one of the couches.

"I feel stupid more than anything else, to be honest," Andi admitted.

"Why would you feel stupid, you didn't do anything wrong," Fatima reassured her.

"I just feel like it's my fault things happened the way they did, and you could've gotten hurt as well."

"Andi what that man did is not on you, so none of this shit is your fault," Madam said firmly

"Right," Fatima agreed.

"If anything the lengths he was willing to go to only prove you've got that psychosis inducing coochie," Madam added, trying to lighten the mood.

They burst out laughing,

"That part got niggas stalking you and shit and other niggas buying you penthouses after one hook-up," Fatima chimes in

"Oh no ma'am," Madam says looking at her cousin, "You'll have to sit this one out cause you got a whole situation of your own,"

"Mar, please don't act like you also don't have these niggas acting up," Fatima says rolling her eyes

"Shit, you right I do,"

"Exactly, got niggas taking you to the Whitehouse and shit,"

"Whatever," Madam says rolling her eyes and turning to Andi, "How did you end up with Gary anyway?"

"I don't know, honestly I think at the time I was very much thinking every good girl needs a lil thug,"

"Hmm, been there done that and stuck there," Madam says shaking her head

Fatima is quiet, "You not gon say anything Tima?" Madam asks, with a mischievous smile

"What do you want me to say? I've never been into a lil thug before," Fatima replies shrugging

"And how exactly do you classify Zac?" Andi asks raising her eyebrow

"What was I supposed to do about that, chemistry was crazy from the get go, and after that, he dicked me down and now I'm stuck,"

"Okay Mary J Blige, I like Zac and I don't wanna hear about y'all fucking no more."

"I wanna hear," Andi says laughing

"All I'm saying is I could tear a ligament, dislocate a shoulder, and it would be worth every minute," she says laughing

"You're so stupid," Madam says laughing

Andi felt some of the tension in her body release. "You two always know how to make me laugh," she said with a smile.

"I'm just glad you're safe," Fatima said, her expression softening.

Andi nodded. "I am too. I just need to take some time to process everything that happened."

Madam leaned forward, her tone serious. "And we're here for you every step of the way. You don't have to go through this alone."