Chapter 26: Smoke Clears

**The week before the last chapter

"No need to close the door, I've already got the package," Zac said impatiently, picking up the box on the floor and walking towards the door

"Stay for a drink, so we can get to know each other," Deja said before he could leave

"I'm good on all that, please open the door," Zac said not interested in getting to know Deja any better

As soon as he reached his penthouse, Zac got to work and assembled the desk he had bought for Fatima. He checked his watch and realized he had a couple of hours before she came home.

This is the perfect time for him to plan without her snooping around and he decided to call Madam for some help in planning his proposal.

"What's up Mar, is T with you?" Zac asked when she picked up

"Hey Zac, she's at the new club,"

"Cool, I need your help,"

"What's up, Zac?" Madam asked.

"So I'm planning on proposing and I have a plan but I wanted to sense check it with you to make sure she'll love it," Zac said nervously

"Well shit, go, Zac," Madam chuckled on the other end of the line, "I got you. What do you need?"

"I have a guy that does jewellery and he's made a few rings for me to choose from and I was hoping you'd come with me when I pick it up. Might actually need you to hold onto it as well cause you know your cousin is mad nosey."

"Bet, send me an address and I'll meet you there in an hour,"

Zac breathed a sigh of relief and met Madam at an exclusive jewellery store, as they looked at the customizations Madam cracked jokes, making Zac laugh and easing his nerves.

As they waited for the ring Zac told Madam his proposal plan. He'd planned to buy Fatima a G-Wagon and then suggest they take a road trip to test it. They would then take a road trip to a vineyard a couple of hours from Atlanta for a wine tasting. He planned to have a picnic setup and he would propose then.

Madam liked the idea and agreed that would be something Fatima would love. Zac then told her he was also planning to buy the vineyard and give it to Fatima as a gift and he needed Madam's help to negotiate with the owners because they weren't trying to sell.

After picking out the ring, Zac and Madam took a drive to the outskirts of Atlanta to visit the vineyard Zac was trying to acquire. They spent the day exploring the grounds and tasting some of the vineyard's finest wines. Zac was impressed by the beautiful views and the quality of the grapes.

In the week that followed Zac and Madam drove to the vineyard every day to talk to the owners trying to figure out the best possible offer.

On the last day of negotiations, Zac and Madam met with the owners of the vineyard.

As Zac and Madam sat across from one of the owners of the vineyard, Zac knew that this was a make-or-break moment. He needed to be strategic and brilliant to make this acquisition happen.

"$3 million final offer," Zac said, leaning forward.

The owner raised an eyebrow. "And what about our other concerns?"

Zac smiled confidently. "The growth potential is huge. With the right investments and marketing strategies, we can increase production and distribution, and ultimately make this vineyard one of the most successful in the region."

The owner seemed skeptical. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

Zac leaned back in his chair, outlining his plan in detail. He painted a picture of a successful and profitable vineyard, with a loyal customer base and a reputation for quality.